1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSU 24 pin splitters

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Hitman, 20 Jul 2019.

1. Hitman

Hitman Minimodder

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/WMJEQqU

Has anyone used one of these cables before to power two systems off one PSU?

My concern is the horror stories from the past with such splitters for SATA power.

I was thinking of moving my server and gaming PC into the Phanteks P600s (with the ITX kit) and a decent 1000w platinum PSU (used) plus the cable works out much cheaper then their Revolt X. The other option was the Phanteks PSU splitter, but I can't find that stocked anywhere, I guess they discontinued it.

Last edited: 20 Jul 2019
  2. modd1uk

modd1uk Multimodder

I used the ones available from OCUK for my mining rigs, and had 0 issues.

Hitman likes this.
  3. Hitman

Hitman Minimodder

Got a link? I found one on OCUK bit it looked like it only had two pins to the second motherboard?

4. modd1uk

modd1uk Multimodder

Scrap that, I ran two PSU's to one system so the cable I used worked perfectly for my needs, too tired for my brain to function.

5. Dr. Coin

Dr. Coin Multimodder

One PSU two computers sounds like a bad idea. I am not sure how sharing the power good signal and power on signals between two systems will work.

6. Hitman

Hitman Minimodder

I was wondering the same this morning, I wonder if the Revolt does something different and doesn't turn off when one computer shuts down.

7. Hitman

Hitman Minimodder

I spoke to Phanteks support and they confirmed the Revolt does indeed stay on if one attached motherboard is shutdown.