1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2400+ OCing

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by carnut101, 21 May 2003.

1. carnut101

carnut101 Banned

i just upgraded to an athlon xp 2400+. i have 256 MB of corsair XMS series PC2700 ram with platinum heat sinks (im gonna order another 256 MB of the same am tonight) running at 333 mhz, and a motherboard with the nForce 2 chipset. it has stock cooling. if i bought one fo those PCI fans (i think they are called waterwheels) and keep the stock HSF, what do u would be the best way to overclock it? bump up the FSB, ghz, or both? btw, the CPU runs at about 45-55 degrees C. colling is kind of bad in my system cuz its a micro-atx case.

2. zackerouac

zackerouac bring it

i think you'd better work on the cooling thing 'fore you go overclocking :worried:

3. jetsetjimbo

jetsetjimbo Up-up and away

What zackerouac said.... Cut some big holes in your case for some fans and get a better heat sink.... well at least get a better heatsink :hehe: before you think about overclocking....

4. zackerouac

zackerouac bring it

aye, no need in turning your computer into a hotplate. it would be good for keeping coffee warm though....j/k :D

5. carnut101

carnut101 Banned

i managed to OC an 800 mhz P3 to 1.2 ghz with no fans in my case except for the one in the power supply, just a heatsink on the cpu. it fried at 1.6 ghz (maybe it was cuz i had it at over 2V :worried: ). im gonna buy some fans this week, and for now, i took off the panels... its down to 39 degrees under no load around 45 full load.