1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Evolve Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Combatus, 17 Feb 2015.

1. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

2. Hustler

Hustler Minimodder

Seems about right from all the videos I've watched of this in action, my overwhelming sense I've come away with, is that it just looks really boring, just as I found Left For Dead 2, but I got that in a free Steam give away so wasn't really bothered about whether I liked it or not.

3. Scroome

Scroome Modder

So Far 2015 is proving a little disappointing with games.

Dying light suffering delays followed by good but not great reviews
    Evolve - being hyped to the nines, but failing to deliver fully
    The Order - Being slammed for being about 5-6 hours play time, but costing £49
    Cities XXL basically being a carbon copy of the last one.

There were others that did well, but more on the indie scene (or probably just not on my radar)

4. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

Well that's a disappointment but not unexpected. The concept is great but its just not been executed to the full ability. itll be good for a few hours of passing the time but the cost would put me off knowing how short lived it is likely to be.

5. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Meh.

I've resolved to only buying games which offer demos this year (except The Witcher). In this day and age of fast broadband there's no excuse imo, it just makes me suspicious that I'm going to be spending money on a pretty lemon.

It'll save me a fortune I expect :hehe:

6. Cwiver

Cwiver What's a Dremel?

If you haven't played it then you might think that but the balancing is actually pretty great. With a Good Team and a good monster player its pretty much 50/50 who could win. Even at stage 3 you have to be strategic to beat a good team of hunters (wraith is slightly OP atm I feel)

But even with the DLC issues, I think that a game developer in todays market offering all future Game Modes and Maps absolutely free, AND having a policy that even if you dont buy the extra characters or monsters you can still play against them (so 50% of enjoyment) is a great service to their fans and I hope more developers take after this.

7. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

Team-based multiplayer FPS with an original idea that's fun to play for the first few hours?

Titanfall?

8. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Titanfall sprung to mind for me too, it seems more games are offering plenty of glitter but few turnout to be gold.

9. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

I wasn't overly keen on the concept of Evolve so I'm not too surprised by it not being amazing, it's a shame as there is huge potential there on the monster's side of the game.

I don't think people are overly shocked by Cities XXL being yet another clone of it's predecessor, the whole series has lacked any real advancements with each release feeling more like a collection of bug fixes.

The year hasn't been completely bad for new games though, there's been some good one in the mix...

Grow Home
    Monster Hunter 4
    The Escapists
    Life is Strange
    Grey Goo

The Witcher 3 is a rather safe bet that it'll be good as CD Projekt Red are generally good at delivering quality.

I'm hoping that Morningstar: Descent to Deadrock (released today) will be good, I'm craving a decent new point and click game.
    The Homeworld Remastered edition should be good as it's mostly the old game with a new shell, I can't see too much room for it being screwed up.

I predict that the new Swordcoast game will be pretty solid too.

I've also got high hopes for There Came an Echo and Pillars of Eternity, even more-so for Pillars as I put a god awful amount of money into their KickStarter...

On the opposite side to the positive upcoming releases, I don't have particularly high hopes for Total War: Attila with how bad the recent games in the series have been.

10. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Evolve is better than and more fully realised than Titanfall. Titanfall boils down to Call of Duty with Juggernaut suits on a timer, as great as the movement system is Respawn did precisely nothing interesting with it.

Evolve at least builds more interesting worlds and characters.

11. XXAOSICXX

XXAOSICXX Minimodder

Can't wait :D

12. StoneyMahoney

StoneyMahoney What's a Dremel?

Never mind, This Is The Police looks extremely promising. Disclaimer: Kickstarter campaigns always do

13. Nikumba

Nikumba Minimodder

Must not forget Homeworld Remaster is out in a day or two woohoo

City builder wise, new one coming out called Cities: Skyline this is NOT done by the Citieis XXL studio as some people have been assuming.

Kimbie

Tags: Add Tags