1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Rainbow Six: Siege Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Combatus, 4 Dec 2015.

1. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

2. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

To my surprise, I am really enjoying this game. The pace is fast, creating a sense of urgency and stopping games turning into a camp fest. The encounters are brutal and there is decent variety in characters and abilities. Games can go either way at the drop of a hat and it always amuses me how an assault or defense that starts out well can go south very quickly should one or more of you make a mistake!

No server connectivity issues experienced thus far, pretty good for a Ubisoft launch!

Only thing I would say, is £50 is taking the pisss a bit of a mostly MP game that has an in-game store for XP booster, weapon upgrades and cosmetic items like skins. Mine was 'free' with a GPU upgrade, I would not have paid £50 for it though...

3. XXAOSICXX

XXAOSICXX Minimodder

"It often only takes one or two shots to end your round in Shield" -> Siege :)

4. RickLane

RickLane Staff Lover of bit-tech

Graaah! My subconscious is convinced this game is called Shield. Had to rectify it with almost every instance of the title. Thought I'd fixed them all but apparently not. Cheers for the spot anyway.

5. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

You're probably thinking of Raven Shield, which was a great game. Lost many a friday night to it along with sawt 4 (which would often turn into a beanbag-cs paintball fight when someone accidentally shot a team member, but hilarious fun.

I hadn't realised this had come out and bought battlefront, so will have to wait till next month before I can grab a copy. I thought the series lost it's way a bit in the vegas years. Glad it's gone back to it's more tactical roots.

6. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Minimodder

Honestly, I found the beta incredibly boring, there was usually one clear better option for bomb location for each map, and said location had the same set places to fortify, becuase anything less would be a waste of your barrier.

On top of that, I found the game to be mostly camping anyway. The shooting wasn't all that fun or rewarding, it felt clunky just moving around, and the shield was the most OP thing in the whole game. Hopefully that was balanced since, though.

7. XXAOSICXX

XXAOSICXX Minimodder

No matter. Good review nonetheless Rickski :)

8. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Well, I've just spent some time learning about tardigrades.

They're invincible!

9. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

This game has taught me one thing.

Don't send me, just bomb the building. It'll have the same effect.

10. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

Heh I have granaded or otherwise exploded the hostage by accident on a few occasions now!

11. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Generally, I'm alright with hostage finding and not maiming, but the standard t-hunt style things? Yeah, I'm tearing the building down one way or another..

Tags: Add Tags