1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Dogbert666, 10 Nov 2016.

1. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

2. Jimbob

Jimbob Minimodder

I played 15 minutes or so, apart from once when I was forced to throw a grenade type jobbie and once to shoot 1 of 4 people I managed to play the rest of the level without doing anything at all. I just walked about letting my AI buddies do all the shooting etc. Almost everything is scripted and I was there just a sightseer.

3. K.I.T.T.

K.I.T.T. Hasselhoff™ Inside

It looks like the last few Halo games all rolled into one and a few years late.

4. wardogz

wardogz What's a Dremel?

Well, the user comments on Steam highly criticise this game.

5. EnricoB

EnricoB What's a Dremel?

I was about to get this game, and then I did some research: I eventually figured that Titanfall 2 is a much better game for the money. Still haven't gotten it though, I'm waiting for the weekend :rock:

If someone else has Titanfall 2 they could chime in

6. SkiDave

SkiDave Minimodder

I really enjoyed it, but I'm yet to delve into the multiplayer.

7. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Not sure I agree on the writing and voice acting. E3N excepted the characters seem to speak entirely in stilted platitudes, I'm sure there will be a Youtube supercut of all the awkward silences sooner or later. It's a bit wrong when the robot has the most fluid delivery!

It's so ridiculously serious too, even Titanfall's goodies and baddies are less cartoonish and extreme than Admiral Koch (seriously, they named him Cock?). In Titanfall they have an 80's action movie air to them (especially Blisk the evil Seth Effriken), here it's like totally serious you guys stop laughing. As with Ghosts and Modern Warfare 2/3 it wears thin long before the end. It doesn't even have Kevin Spacey hamming it up or BlOps 3's glorious weirdness to break up the tone.

8. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

The important question is: does this scratch that itch for Star Citizen while we wait for its release?

9. Xir

Xir Modder

Single player sounds like fun ;-)

10. JakeTucker

JakeTucker Minimodder

I've played Titanfall and Call of Duty Infinite Warfare to completion, and prefer Titanfall, although your mileage may vary.

11. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Other reviews seem to criticise the game far more harshly for its heavy reliance on scripted events. I even remember one review mentioning the AI taking over steering the ship during dogfights without you being able to do anything against it. I don't mind linearity in shooters (I love the new Doom) but shooting for 2 minutes between two 3-5 minute long cut scenes? Not for me, thanks.

Tags: Add Tags