1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other ...

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by jrs77, 2 Mar 2017.

1. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

Last edited: 2 Jan 2018
  2. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

BL2 got spoiled a bit for me by the keys. Basically anything you found 'out in the field' was poor compared to boss fights or loot gained through keys. Took a lot of the enjoyment out of the game for me.

3. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

Video link doesn't work for me, but I watched it on YT anyways. Looks absolutely amazing to me, and it's definitely a game on my hit list as I love the BL franchise.

4. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

I find it funny how they're going on about the various tech used to improve realism...but it's then rendered in a cartoon style.

And I'm also looking forward to BL3, so don't think I'm hating on it! :hehe:

5. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

In all seriousness, the tech for effectively auto cell shading 3-D models is amazing. However, I simply can't buy a game that has Randy Pitchford's name attached to it, the man is such an unrepentant **** heel it beggars belief.

6. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

But Borderlands isn't rendered in a "cartoon" style - it's what I would call highly stylised realism, i.e. the way lights and shadows work is extremely realistic, unlike cartoons. But I get what you mean.

What they're doing (very cleverly, I might add) is building on the success and popularity of the trademark BL art style and pushing the boat out by applying it to PBR, and it's very sexy indeed.

7. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Canna friggin weet.

8. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Awww, I LOVE Randy - I don't know why, I just want to have a beer and eat BBQ food with him.

Anyways, close to 600 hours on BL2, just over 400 hours on BL1... About 20 hours on the pre-sequel (it never clicked with me). So bring it on I say.