1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress 360 Acrylic Scratch build 24/6/09

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by 07SAM70, 24 Jun 2009.

1. 07SAM70

07SAM70 I dont know how they got there

Hello again everyone.

This next project im currently working on is an Xbox 360 case scratch build.
    I have an old broken 360 so i can use that as a guide and once the case is complete i will stick my working one in there.

The main reasons for building this, better cooling=longer life span, going to look great and because nobody else i know has one! :D

I will be aiming to update at least once a week, and i hope to finish within 1 month from now.

So onwards we go...

.........THE DESIGN........

As ive always said, im no designer so please excuse the awful sketchup models and so on. :thumb:

This is an early design, the shape and layout is all im really taking from this

[​IMG]

Please ignore the big ''XBOX 360" lettering on the top, i just cant draw, it will hopefully look a hell of alot better then that.

I also plan to have small fans in the 'o' in Xbox and '0' in 360, trying to place them over the GPU and CPU of the Xbox. There may also be a couple small fans of the bottom of the case intaking air and the top ones would be blowing.

The colours of acrylic im using are a an opaque navy blue, and a translucent lighter blue. There will also be a few led's giving a case a little glow.

Here are some pictures of my start...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Please tell me what you think, any suggestions... :D:thumb:

2. sui_winbolo

sui_winbolo Giraffe_City

Awesome, this is going to be good. Best of luck to you! :thumb:

I have a question, are you just going to use the stock fans to cool it?

3. 07SAM70

Thank you! And no, my plan is to have maybe 1x 120mm fan or 2 of a smaller size on the bottom of the case/underneath, it will stand on feet by the way and the fan/s i want are a scythe thin depth ones only a few milliemeters thick, then 2 on the top that are exhausting air, and those on the top will be placed in the 'o's of 'XBOX 36O' text these will maybe be 80mm? depends on how big i make the 'text'.

If this goes to plan it should look pretty cool :thumb:

4. 07SAM70

Small Update

I've been a little busy with work and all but i have managed to do a few things,
    First of all i cut two rough sides for the case

[​IMG]

Then i got another order come in the post which included diffused blue led's, resistors and 2x 60mm fans.

[​IMG]

So i started testing how im going to run my added electrics, i managed to wire up 4 led's with a single resistor and 2 of the fans, that all worked great.
    Sorry i havnt got pictures of that though i stupidly forgot :duh:

Then i started routing out some exhaust holes in the two side panels

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Then i started working out how im going to connect the 360 hard drive, and so far i have a rough idea but i have only made a hole for the connectors so far.

[​IMG]

Everything is very rough at the moment, when i cut all of it and test fit to see how it looks/fits i will then sand everything down which is going to take forever :waah: but it has to be done! :D
    That funny shape of blue in this picture is where i have routed out some space for where the hard drive sticks out a little, for example here is a hard drive, the bit that sticks out is on the right.

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking!

will update again soon, lots to do. :thumb: :D

5. Alx

Alx 3²Gaming

wow thats gunna be good when its complete, best of luck

6. WolfandAngel

WolfandAngel Got fins?

looking good

Tags: