1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reviews Asus ROG Theta 7.1 Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 24 Jul 2020.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

2. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

While I think the price is outrageous, it is not "nearly £300". You clearly state it has a £250 price tag on the first page, so later calling £250 "nearly £300" is rather painful to read because you've basically fudged the price by up to 20%. >£275 I could see as described as "nearly £300". But a £50 margin of error is rather extreme.

Also, with cables that bulky, I'd try running the wires down my back as they'd be far less troublesome. I do it with less troublesome headphone cables - it can take a little getting used to, but it is much more comfortable long term.

I basically gave up on 5.1 (or higher) audio when Vista/7 landed. While I'll freely acknowledge that I'm not a competitive online gamer, stereo has presented far less issues with missing/super quiet bits (eg: voice audio) of audio in games.

3. DbD

DbD Minimodder

The problem with the old rog centurion 7.1 was the cables break internally - too many wires hiding in there - and it wasn't a replaceable cable. That's what I'd want to know this time - is it going to break just outside of warranty on me? Can I replace the cable if it does?

4. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

Should I buy 7.1 headphones if I only have 2.0 ears?

Tags: Add Tags