1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3D printing

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Broadwater06, 29 Mar 2023.

1. Broadwater06

Broadwater06 Minimodder

Might be a stupid question, I am wondering is it possible to walk into a 3D printing and they scan and print for me on my behalf. I go to the website and they ask me to upload the file, I don't know how to "draw" it.

I have a Silverstone Fortress FT02 chassis and it was loaned out for years and everything is fine except I am planning to upgrade the 3 180mm fans. The only problem is two missing 5.25 bay covers and I can't find them online for the replacement. Is it possible to create two bay covers from 3D printing? Is it expensive or is it a daft idea.

2. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

It's not expensive or daft really, but even the best 3D prints will look naff next to the OEM bay covers. You won't get a colour match and you definitely wont match the brushed texture.

Maybe chuck in a period correct digital fan controller bay or mod in a 2x5.25 LCD display for cpu/gpu temps etc? There's lots of things you could do.

Arboreal and Broadwater06 like this.
  3. Broadwater06

Broadwater06 Minimodder

Thanks for the input, much appreciated. Yeah see what you mean about the colour match and brushed texture. You've gave me food for thoughts, I will have a look.

Sentinel-R1 likes this.
  4. VictorianBloke

VictorianBloke Man in a box

Black or silver?
    I'm away at the min, but I might have a couple of spare black bay covers from a different Silverstone case at home.

5. Broadwater06

Broadwater06 Minimodder

Oh wow! Black

6. VictorianBloke

Only got the one I'm afraid, and it does have some light scratches, which are less noticeable IRL than on the photo. Yours if you want it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Arboreal and Broadwater06 like this.
  7. Broadwater06

Broadwater06 Minimodder

Brilliant thanks, that's fine, I'll take it. I will put something in the top slot.

8. VictorianBloke

Drop me a PM with your address and i'll drop it at the post office at the start of next week.