1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TVs 4K TV with Intel NUC and maximum 2560 x 1600 resolution

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Big Elf, 15 Apr 2019.

1. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

It looks like I might have to replace my Full HD TV soon as it's developed a purple patch which seems to be slowly increasing in size.

I use an Intel NUC DN2028FYK (Celeron with Intel Graphics) with Windows 10 Pro and Kodi to play my Movie and TV series collection which works very well with 1920 x 1080 resolution (current TV resolution) through HDMI. The maximum resolution the NUC can display is 2560 x 1600. My movies and TV series/recordings are mainly standard HD quality at most, I have no Full HD movies.

To give myself a wider choice of TVs it looks as though I need to factor in 4K TVs and I'd be looking at screen sizes from 40-48".

If I continue to use my NUC will I have any problems using it with a 1920 x 1080 resolution on a 4K TV or will there be significant or at least noticeable lack of quality? While I can still get a Full HD TV there seems to be a lot more choice if I choose a 4K version.

2. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

3. Aterius Gmork

Aterius Gmork smell the ashes

Your NUC will work just fine at FullHD. UHD TVs usually have trouble accepting a 1440p Resolution at higher refresh rates. I watch Blurays from an ancient Player at Full HD all the time.

Get a mainstream 4k UHD TV when it's on sale somewhere. You'll probably get better image quality for your money. Also you'll have the choice to use UHD down the road, if only for streaming.