1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Build Advice 4k Video Editing Suite Build - Recommendations?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by stuartpb, 15 Feb 2018.

1. stuartpb

stuartpb Modder

I've not built a custom rig since I packed in with it all a good few years ago. I need a 4k video editing capable PC, that will allow me to edit footage in Premiere Pro and Da Vinci Resolve without it slowing to a crawl. I may at some point turn the PC into a Hackintosh (I've done this on my current rig) and if so I'll be running FCPX. I'm severely out of touch with the latest hardware, so any recommendations for kit would be much appreciated. My overall budget for the components and a case is around a grand.

2. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

I would hang fire for another month or so as AMD will be bringing out Zen+ (Ryzen refresh).

3. sandys

sandys Multimodder

I jumped on Ryzen and thought it would e great for my vids unfortunately my software suite saw the 16 thread chip and went WTF and only used 2 cores, same software on my 2c4t i5 uses all threads :D

So make sure your software works with what you are buying.

4. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

That software generally doesn’t scale past 10 cores if I remember rightly. I would also wait for the refresh hitting markets real soon.