1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding 5" Psone noob HELPPPPPPP

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Lemmingzappa, 8 Nov 2004.

1. Lemmingzappa

Lemmingzappa What's a Dremel?

Ok firstly ebuyer dont sell those lcd screen anymore so I cant get hold of them from there. Can anyone tell me where I can buy them online from the UK Cheaply.

Secondly, I am an absolutely a noob with this kinda thing, so Could someone please give me a clear explaination.

What do I need to mod it ?
    Which mode do I use VGA or Composite ?
    Is there much quality differerence between vga and composite if im just using something like samurize ??
    What do I need to run it in UK settings?

Please Please can someone help me out, pm me if you have to.

*note - Remember its the Uk version I want.

*note - I did look about on the forums about this stuff, and all the posts were jumbled around so I got lost, sorry.

Last edited: 8 Nov 2004
  2. Lemmingzappa

hmmm please, i know this has been posted countless times, but i found it hard to keep track with what was going on.

3. Lemmingzappa

bah i just realised they are soooo expensive, ffs, is there another alternative ?

4. dom_

dom_ --->

ok one... you only need post once.
    two search as their is a thread devoted to getting a psone screen working.

as for getting it cheaper. not likely, as for using something else the same size, it will cost more

5. Lemmingzappa

opps sorry about the double posting

6. adamjones01101

adamjones01101 Minimodder

Click here for a really informative thread about this, but please :search: next time...you were right, this question has been posted countless times, so let's not add one more count. Welcome to Bit-Tech, by the way, and good luck with all of your modding! :thumb:

In addition, I would check out U.K. eBay, because I guarantee people will be selling them. Personally, I don't think that $50 USD is that much to pay, considering the visual quality of the screen.

7. arsenala13

arsenala13 What's a Dremel?

Wow. Second forum in five minutes on this subject.

First, I'm assuming you're looking for the Sony model. I found mine a month ago on ebay. It took a few days to snag one at a good price tho.

As for hooking it up video wise, I got a few good tips on this thread http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=74304

And yeah, a good way to find stuff here is with a search. But that's half of it. Most people don't seem to post a very descriptive title on thier threads to find what you're looking for a lot.

-Trav

8. rankie

rankie What's a Dremel?

argh!!!! are you all too lazy to scroll down the bit-tech articles page, there's a f###ing article on it

9. arsenala13

arsenala13 What's a Dremel?

It's a great place to start (I've even got it bookmarked) but there's more than one way to skin this particular cat.

Off Topic Rant: There are indeed multiple posts on this on bit-tech and junkmachine and everywhere else, but when the search is refined and refined and refind and STILL gives you roughly 50 or so "LCD WTF???" or "HELP!!11 Sony Screen" you get frustrated. Sometimes these thread titles just drive me nuts :wallbash:

Edit :duh: Ack I didn't mean for that to sound as rough as it came out. I'm not chastizing you, Lemmingzappa. Everyone has posted vaguely on stuff like this and everyone still will :blah:

10. Phire

Phire Performance-PCs.com