1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

5bnc vs 15pin d-sub

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by craig, 9 Feb 2005.

1. craig

craig What's a Dremel?

does any one know if there are any benefits from using a 5xbnc monitor cable compared to a normal 15pin monitor cable. Ive never user the bnc connections on the back of my vm451 before.

2. slugs

slugs Minimodder

better signal separation. less cross take. think of component video. normally used with resolutions greater than 1280x1024. i used to be able to tell the difference at 2048x1536

3. Kameleon

Kameleon is watching you...

But you're still gonna have to have the other end of the cable as D-SUB to go into your graphics card...what's the point if the output is identical in both cases? Does the cable degrade quality that much?

4. slugs

slugs Minimodder

same argument with audio when you split the cable. its going to be degraded somewhere within the signal path.

i used to have eizo monitors they provided dual input on all there monitors. and a toggle on the front which was very useful. you could tell the difference between the two type.

ideally your going to be using dvi not as that is a digital signal path through to a monitor and again less conversion of the signals and therefore more acurate.

if you have a cable just plug it in and have a go.

on other thing though because its not go the sense pins you will not get plug and play.

5. craig

craig What's a Dremel?

managed to find a cable at work, the quality does improve a fair bit, you can really tell the difference with black text on a white background.