1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

60C hehe

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by J453, 12 Apr 2004.

1. J453

J453 What's a Dremel?

Yay, my CPU now goes to 60C when i play games. Isn't that just ****ing great?!?!

I mean, its only overclocked ever so slightly (2800 @ 3200).

Its on a Volcano 9 (piece of ****) but the stupid mongod thing is, i have an SK-7 and my mobo(s) dont like it (noobs) so im stuck with this temp then.

Cant be all too bad bartons are rated at 85C critical.

2. Carbon

Carbon Banned

3. J453

J453 What's a Dremel?

sarcastic remark at the fact i have a highish performance cooler that dont work so i have to stick with stupidly high temps...

EDIT: it dont work as in the pc doesnt post with it..

4. felix the cat

felix the cat Spaceman Spiff

thermal paste??

get a decent cooler?? i know that their hard to find, but alpha pal 8045 still seems to be a fairly good option!!

5. J453

J453 What's a Dremel?

i spent 20 quid on that damn copper lump and it refuses to let my pc boot. it is seated correctly, the fan works, ive tried 4 fans, thermal paste that came with it is properly applied. (i dont want no AS3/5) so wtf is up with it, is 60C really all that bad?

6. ConKbot of Doom

ConKbot of Doom Minimodder

yes 60C is horrible, but it could be a bad sensor, feel the HS while the comp is on, is it really that hot?

I have a PAL 8045 and am running at 40C on a XP1900(palomino) OC'ed to 1704Mhz, (142x12) 1.718V plus my room is pretty warm right now. (24C ambient case temp)

Did you change the voltage any, what temps do you get stock?

7. J453

J453 What's a Dremel?

ive not changed any voltages, just bumped up fsb and lowered multi, it burns if i touch it for too long so yeah ir prob is that hot.

Not sure what temps i get stock.. if i had to guess id say 10C lower maybe :confused:

8. rio2

rio2 What's a Dremel?

increase fun at your case 60°c is very high temperature for this system.
    normaly my barton xp2500@xp3200 is a35-37 °c high temperature is dangerouse for long life of cpu. :waah: :wallbash: :duh:

9. wharrad

wharrad Minimodder

Ah, my p4-C runs at 60C under load (using the stock heatsink until I get some water in there, long story).

Every so oftern it creeps up to 65C, then I open the case - stick in the hoover to remove some dust - the temps fall into the low 50's for awhile (and low 30's idle).

So maybe try cleaing the thing as much as possible, but I figure you might have cleaned it with changing the heatsink and everything.

10. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

cold room then, huh?

11. Tim S

Tim S OG

heat isn't a problem if you're stable... also running 24/7 at a high temperature will not affect your CPU life span as much as people make out... the problem is where you're constantly changing the temperature by huge amounts - this is where good cooling comes in...

AMD's Cool & Quiet technology doesn't necessarily utilise this; but what it does do makes perfect sense... cooler components last longer; and when you stress (overclock) components, the cooler you keep them, the longer they will last.

AMD spec their processors up to 90'C so you can run up to that temperature with them, safely... I would start to worry if you get above 75'C though. Intel spec their processors slightly lower, at around 75'C... they begin to throttle around this speed - this makes the job harder for OEM system builders, they can't skimp quite so much on cooling in an intel system.

Take motherboard readings with a pinch of salt.... if it runs prime 95 stabilly for 24 hours... heat isn't a problem; the same goes for games.

12. J453

J453 What's a Dremel?

Cheers BigZ. I aint scared of it now lol.

It runs everything stable and im keeping it at a 3200+ so its not changing rapidly.

13. Tim S

Tim S OG

no problem :thumb:

14. MrWillyWonka

MrWillyWonka Chocolate computers galore!

I have the same processor, but it is not overclocked to 3200 as it doesnt work (how did u do it? Better cooling?) and I'm reaching 62.5C when the processor is running at 100%, and when its idle - no less than 59C. I have a standard AMD cooler with a bit of lighting on it. What do u suggest to lower the temp? Better cooling? And if so which?

I'm not bothered at all about noise (I'm deaf!!!), just want a cooler CPU

15. felix the cat

felix the cat Spaceman Spiff

get a decent heatsink....sp97 (somethin like that) pal 8045 (hard to get) or a swiftech...add any fan you like!

16. Highland3r

Highland3r Minimodder

What speed is the fan running? The sink *should* be rated to 3400+ so temps shouldnt go as high as 60! Check the postition of the temp sensor or remove it totally and see if that helps.
    What mobo are you running? It might be that the alphas (great coolers btw, keep both cpu's under 45 load on silent air), or other coolers wont fit as your board doesnt have mounting holes.
    As mentioned though if its stable then theres no probs. The shuttle PC's regularly run hot (m8's runs at 62 load and no problems at all)

willywonka, as flix said, better cooling :D