1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics 670 hangs/crashes

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by T2I3M, 22 Oct 2012.

1. T2I3M

T2I3M Minimodder

Hi everyone,

I am having a problem when playing games at the moment. In CS:S and TF2 the screen freezes for about 10 seconds then I am free for another couple of minutes. In BF3 I can play online for 5 minutes and then it crashes to the desktop.

In May I upgraded my 4850 to a Asus 670 TOP, up until now everything has been running pretty smoothly.

What I have tried:
    Checking temps - They dont seem too high
    Changing the 670 over with the 4850 and I still seem to get the same problem
    Changed PSU over, still see the same problem
    Used driver sweeper to remove all nvidia drivers and reinstalled. Tried using 306.23 same problem.
    I have updated the BIOS on the 670

Other than replacing the motherboard, is there anything else I can try?

Thanks in advanced!!

2. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

Have you tried older BIOS versions / firmware etc?

3. T2I3M

T2I3M Minimodder

Thanks for your reply. I am not sure they are any other BIOS versions other than the one my card was shipped with and the updated one listed on the Asus site. I have googled quickly and am unable to find any other versions.

4. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

I take it you had the same issue before you updated the BIOs & graphics card drivers then, that is what I was alluding to..

Any other hardware or software changes recently, have you tried running any programs to look for registry errors etc?

5. T2I3M

T2I3M Minimodder

Hi SuicideNeil, yeah I had the same problem. Tried various driver versions first, that didnt change anything. Then looked at the Asus site and saw there was a bios update to help stability, updated it and still the same problem.

No hardware has changed prior to this. I have used Ccleaner to remove any left over driver files and I am not sure I would trust any other software to check the registry, unless you could recommend one?
    Thanks for your time, much appreciated!

6. mrbungle

mrbungle Undercooked chicken giver

Run memtest first.

If that checks out then you are only left with the motherboard id guess though id be tempted to do a clean install or a trial install on a spare drive to see if it is not a software error.

7. T2I3M

T2I3M Minimodder

Thanks for your time both, sorry it taken me so long to respond. Been pretty busy.

It turns out its was router issue. :( doh!