1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News 773 million credentials leaked in Collection #1 database

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 17 Jan 2019.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

There we go, been a while:

upload_2019-1-25_15-11-18.png

No points for effort on this one: no mention of knowing my password, no "I sent this from your account so you know I really hacked you" from-spoofing, no handy-dandy idiot-proof instructions for how to *buy* Bitcoin, nothing. F-, see me after class.

2. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Say you're creating a hand-party video archive and ask for the video for your own records.

1878nVhaSnKY7GWpYGm8vunBz715dv4xKu total balance?

*drumroll*

0.00000000btc!

3. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

Just an FYI. I went to that site and put in the longest most random passwords EVER and they ALL came back as if something had gone wrong. I was picking the most ball-breakingly hard to remember passwords..like utter nonsense and I did this until I got bored. Every time it gave the error message. So I'm kinda thinking that this site just tells you that your password is ****ed no matter what you put in, just to get you to change it.

Like the inverse wolf-crier.

4. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Really? 'cos I just tried, and my very first attempt (which was just mashing the on-screen keyboard on my phone) said otherwise:

5. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

Edit: Oh no...you know Red Dwarf had a smug mode? Well I now have a Shame Mode. I tried again and got bad results, but then I tried temporarily turning off NoScript (allowing the page fully) and it does work.

I'm so used to it being there I forgot. Now I feel ultra-dumb.

Double Edit: Be gentle..

Last edited: 26 Jan 2019
    Gareth Halfacree likes this.
  6. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

I like this setup because it keeps the cloud service and the password encryption service/software separate.

Tags: Add Tags