1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8600m add-on in a laptop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by OverQloker, 3 Sep 2008.

1. OverQloker

OverQloker Haven't Touched No Dremel

Is it possible to add/install a 8600M in a laptop. my laptop runs on the intel965 chipset...

the reason is that my pops picked up an ACER 5920AB as a present after a passed out of high school.. yeah he had to bribe me into getting thru school....
    and he picked up it up without consulting me :duh: ... (we kids know a thing or two)... and now it sucks... :sigh:

any insight into this dilemma will be helpful

2. NaNeil

NaNeil What's a Dremel?

I think those things are usually soldered to the board, so I don't think such an upgrade is possible. Someone may correct me, however.

3. Hazardous

Hazardous What's a Dremel?

My Dell XPS M1730 is one of the very few laptops to offer graphics cards which can be swapped.
    So I'm afraid you're stuck with the integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X3100 on that laptop :(

4. tominated

tominated What's a Dremel?

i heard a while ago about external gfx cards like the asus xstation, but they never released them

5. Hazardous

Hazardous What's a Dremel?

Aye... the Asus 'XG Station' was being touted way back in January of last year, but as you say... nothing ever came of it, sadly :rolleyes:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

6. spoon.uk

spoon.uk Frag Me Bitch!

Do you have MMX3 slot in your lappy matey?