1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Notebooks A good netbook upgrade?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by docodine, 18 May 2009.

1. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

I currently have an Eee PC 4G Surf with 2GB of RAM, and an 8GB SDHC card in the reader, and am looking for an upgrade..

My Eee has trouble running Hulu, and for some reason, Youtube (before the interface change, everything was fine and dandy). I'm extremely pleased by the form factor of the Eee, and don't want anything noticeably larger. I don't think anyone makes a 7" model anymore, so I guess 9"?

I would prefer an SSD for durability and silence, as the Eee can already pull files off of my Shuttle. Webcam would be nice, it wasn't worth the extra $50 at the time of my Eee PC purchase.

It'll just be used for doing homework, reading in bed, Youtube, Hulu, etc etc. I'll probably install the same nLited version of XP that I have on this Eee PC.

I don't have any attachment to Asus, so any brand is welcome. I'm also not against purchasing last-gen stuff, as long as it fits my needs.

To summarize:

• Screen must be less than 10"
    • SSD preferred
    • Priced under $350
    • Can output 1080p (just a bonus, not absolutely necessary)

Help me out, Bit. :thumb:

2. Joekerh

Joekerh Penniless enthusiast

Tags: