1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guide A mission in mesh - modding a grille into your bezel.

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Pug, 16 Jun 2003.

1. princexxx

princexxx What's a Dremel?

nice finish you got on that dude. interesting to see the rest of it.
    total hours of work in this = ?

2. Pug

Pug What's a Heatsink?

Thanks Princexxx
    I've been putting off getting the final coat down until I shift a bit more of my current workload but I need to act soon before we lose the clement weather round here we've been having lately. :worried:

I have a new camera winging its way to me in a day or so though, so I'm sure that'll be a good incentive for me to finish it and take some final pics. :)

Till then, here's what it looks like in silver, rubbed down to a matte flatness ready for one more coat of silver before the clear goes on.

[​IMG]

Modders mesh is now in too - if you get some, mind your fingers on the edges of it, I forgot to wear gloves when unwrapping it and speared my finger once or twice, at least. :waah:

3. princexxx

looks good in the silver, real professional/industrial look. i'm using a case very similar to that, the modding possibilities are very large, its always good to see new mods like this.

anywhere else on the case using the mesh? side panel etc?

4. DrSpYdeR

DrSpYdeR What's a Dremel?

Pug that came out real nice... Good Job :clap:

5. jezmck

jezmck Minimodder

looks great - can we see the final result - you said you'd put one more coat of silver on...

Keep up the great work!

6. Pug

Pug What's a Heatsink?

Cheers guys.
    I'll try and make a point of grabbing the next bit of sunshine to do something with it (really haven't had the chance lately).

Fingers crossed for the weekend eh?

All my spare modding time lately has been spent on building a doll's house for either my little girl's birthday next week or (more likely, at this rate) maybe Christmas. :blush:

7. Jaguar_Infinity

Jaguar_Infinity Just some guy

Any idea of where i could get some mesh like this in the UK? nice guide btw :)

8. princexxx

i saw somethin similar to this today in a magazine called "atomicpc" its avail in aus and NZ afaik, maybe other places.

the one in the mag was red and rather than meshing, was like a grilled look, looked quite flash, although im not sure the guy did it himself, or he just bought it that way...

if i buy the mag i'll try remember o scan the pic in and post here for another spin on this mod.

9. Uno1_

Uno1_ What's a Dremel?

Any ideas whereabouts in Aus and NZ, Prince? I could really use some of that mesh.

10. mnpctech

mnpctech bit-tech sponsor

Pug's Wizard Design's is now distributing mnpctech's Modders Mesh. I shipped an assortment of 1' x 2' and 1' x 1' sheets to get Pug started.

So now... if ya need this stuff in da UK, contact Pug

FYI: Pugs also getting a shipment of my silk screen Case Modder T-Shirts very shortly!

Tags: