1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Equipment A nice position to be in.

Discussion in 'Photography, Art & Design' started by Modsbywoz, 15 Jan 2019.

1. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

Okay, so here's the predicament.

I'm looking to buy some camera equipment and i'm slowly loosing the will to live with decisions.

My current equipment.
    Camera - Canon 6D Mk1
    Lenses - Canon 100mm Macro F2.8 L, Canon 24 - 105mm F4 IS L, Canon 50mm F1.8

Do I:

A - Expand on lens quality and choice - Canon 24-70 F2.8 L? Canon 70 - 200 F2.8 L? Canon 16 - 35mm F4

B - Update camera body - Canon 6D mk2, Canon EOS R or similar?

Primary uses, Landscape photography and portraiture. Secondary - Wildlife photography although this is rare and I coped okay with my 6D.

Decisions.

2. obaidbd

obaidbd Minimodder

IMO 6D mk1 is still excellent for landscape and portrait ... for wildlife, an advanced focus system of mk2 surely will help you

3. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

I don't know the 6d & 6d Mk2, but good glass in terms of quality and range of focal lengths is always money well spent.

Back in the film days when I was in the trade, that was an easy call, the cameras above your build quality threshold were (more or less :lol:) a light tight box, and the lenses would make or break the image quality.
    Not so easy to say that these days...

4. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

I have to admit i have been giving this a little more thought and I am currently edging towards new glass and other equipment to make my life a little easier.

While having a higher-spec body would be nice, the glass would be more suitable and will keep it's value longer.