1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling a question about 2 Thermaltake Aquarius II systems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Timmee, 28 Jan 2007.

1. Timmee

Timmee What's a Dremel?

Alright, I (unfortunately) have 2 Thermaltake Aquarius II water cooling systems. Since they are currently taking up space in my closet, I would like to use both of the pumps with the spare system I'm building, but I have a question. If I have this info correctly, 2 normal pumps (DDC, D5, Eheim, etc), when put in series, will double the head pressure at the same flow, and when put in parallel, will have the same head pressure with double the flow. Assuming that's correct, will that be the same with the Aquarius II pumps? The reason I'm asking is because each pump has a small built-in res.

Just as some added info, the block I plan on using is the Koolance CPU-200G, and the CPU is a P4/3.06Ghz/800Mhz.

2. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

I'd either put them in series, or Flog them on eBay and get a 'proper' pump like a Laing / Swiftech / Danger Den DDC or D5.

3. Timmee

Timmee What's a Dremel?

Well, I do happen to have an Eheim 1048 that I could use for my spare system, and my main system has a DDC with Raadicals top. I was just hoping to get some use out of the Aquarius pumps, because I have them (and they probably wouldn't fetch much on eBay).

Tags: