1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling A quick question pump orientation

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Alwayz Dead, 4 Jan 2006.

1. Alwayz Dead

Alwayz Dead What's a Dremel?

Hi people and happy New Year.

I have a Laing D5 and am in the process of planning my setup. My favoured plan would involve mounting the pump at 90 degrees to normal. IE: Instead of the standard mounting where the output is in the vertical and input to 90 degrees to that, I want to mount it so as the input is vertical with the output 90 degrees to that in the horizontal

Hope that makes sense and does the orientation make a difference ?

Oh, sorry just thought of something else I'd like feedback on:
    I'm using a T line which will connect between Rad output and pump input That is correct Yes?
    The pump output then goes off to the A64 TDX > GPU > HDD cooler and into the Rad. and starts again

Cheers

2. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

That'll all work fine. As it's a closed loop (once filled and capped), the orientation of the pump won't affect performance. It's possible that certain orientations are "bad" for lifespan (like with old hard drives, supposedly they would die a lot quicker anything but perfectly horizontal or vertical, or something to that effect) but I've never heard of it being an issue.

Just make sure you're going to the input port on the TDX and you'll be fine. As far as component positions, it only matters that the T-line is just before the pump, and that only matters during filling anyways.

3. Alwayz Dead

Alwayz Dead What's a Dremel?

Brilliant :thumb:

Thanks for coming back so quick .................. time to mod :dremel:

4. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

I have my pump in the same position as you propose to mount it. Works just fine. :thumb:

Tags: