1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other A Workaround for the Photobucket "update your account" stuff

Discussion in 'General' started by lancer778544, 22 Sep 2017.

1. lancer778544

lancer778544 Multimodder

Hi all,

I've stumbled on an extension for Firefox and Chrome that gets rid of the Photobucket "update your account to enable third party blah blah" nonsense that has ruined good informative threads all over the internet and restores the images. There are a couple for each browser but the ones I've had the most success with are:

Photobucket Fixer - Firefox

Photobucket Hotlink Fix - Chrome

Install whichever one in your preferred browser, reload the page you wish to view with CTRL+F5 and the images should reappear. I've had success with the above extensions working on every thread I've tried so far but I'm guessing there may be a few that are too far gone to fix but if they do work for you, save the images so you can go back to them at a later date should Photobucket stop the workaround.

Hope this helps :)

2. Strudul

Strudul ~

Nice find, but couple of issues.

1) It doesn't seem to fix the images inline. Images in threads still show the P500 image, but if you click on it, it will take you to the original, so that's something

2) For some reason, with the extension enabled, if I try click the link to this thread it appends the "hotlinkfix" bit to URL and just displays the forum index... (It changes the URL to https://forums.bit-tech.net/index.php?threads/a-workaround-for-the-photobucket-update-your-account-stuff.332327/=&hotlinkfix=1506120140569, so I have to disable it to access this page. Every other thread seems to load fine, just this one seems broken.)

Last edited: 22 Sep 2017
  3. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Photobucket can bite my ass.

Stupid new rules and on my phone I get attacked by malware and pop ups.

Never again.

Nice business plan asshats.

4. lancer778544

lancer778544 Multimodder

Hmm, it definitely fixes the inline images for me in both Firefox and Chrome. This first page of this thread for example works again.

I see what you mean about the redirect thing in Chrome though, probably because I have "photobucket" in the title.. Probably best to switch the extensions on and off as you need them then. I knew they weren't going to be perfect but something is better than nothing.

Last edited: 23 Sep 2017
  5. Strudul

Strudul ~

Strange, the inline images in the thread you linked work for me too.

Try this one for me?

6. lancer778544

lancer778544 Multimodder

No inline images for me either. It might be to do with the way the posters have embedded the pics. Here's the 350Z forum vs the UKSaabs one:

Code:
    http://s65.photobucket.com/user/BRANDBOY1/media/busters%20new%20zed/IMG_0046_zps8pvqdetj.jpg.html
    Code:
    http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f336/binksuk/93%20estate%20v6/P1000252.jpg
    Edit: Tried a couple of other threads on the 350Z forums and they don't have inline pics either. Forum software maybe?

7. Strudul

Strudul ~

That was my first thought, but I've done some investigating and it looks like you were right about it being down to how it's embedded.

The image in this post works inline with the hotlink fix enabled (and doesn't without).