1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apple A1 poster, what software?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Murdoc, 6 Nov 2007.

1. Murdoc

Murdoc Gas Mask..ZOMG

I need to make an A1 poster, I can make graphics for it in PS. It will have text and pictures.

What software on a mac is best for this, got a MacBook 2GHz c2d 1gb if thats relevant, anything good from iWork?

Thanks

2. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

i would grab a copy of Adobe illustrator as the vector graphics is much better than photoshop pixel based images.

3. Murdoc

Murdoc Gas Mask..ZOMG

I'm looking at InDesign, seems that Adobe are nudging me that way. Is it any good for posters of that size?

About 10 secs to fill a A1 poster at 200dpi with black was taking the piss with PS.

4. mr_carl

mr_carl What's a Dremel?

use photshop to create youre bitmap images and a vector graphics program such as Illustrator or somthing similar like CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X3, you cul probobly use flash as well :D

InDesign is more for use to make magasines and sutch with more than one page, to make a sigel page layout Illustrator is great, but dont get me wrong you can do both in both programs.

5. Murdoc

Murdoc Gas Mask..ZOMG

I'm using Pages, it works excellent for the job and runs fast even when dealing with huge images graphics are being handled by Photoshop.
    Cheers People

Tags: