1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ABIT AN8 32X & 3DMARK2005/2006

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by millersnme, 7 Apr 2006.

1. millersnme

millersnme What's a Dremel?

Hi I just built my new custom machine below are the specs

ABIT AN8 32X (Factory Bios)
    AMD 64 x2 3800 (Manchester Chip)
    XFX Geforce 6800 256DDR3 PCIE 16X
    RAIDMAX CASE (Powersupply) 420W
    Windows XP Pro 32Bit Version
    2x512MB DDR Dual Channel Kit (Patriot Signature Series Memory)
    Maxtor 60GIG ATA 133 Hard Drive

Did a fresh install of Xp .. Downloaded 3dmark2005 and 3dmark2006 could not get either to even install... error -6002 have been searching high and low to see what could be causing this. I also downloaded NVIDIA demo's and could not get them to install. I can get windows xp updates to download and install fine and also Nortons 2003 updates with no problems. I replaced the memory with a 1gb GEIL memory thinking it might be a memory error it sill would not install even after deleting the files and re-downloading them. I then replaced the PowerSupply with a CoolMax Powersupply I had 375W Again would not install. I then decided to wipe out the os and reinstall xp. I did this time I did not install NVIDIAS firewall software thinking that might be the problem. I was able to download and install the NVIDIA demos and they would actuall run with no problem. I then tried to download 3dmark2005 and 3dmark2006 and again neither would install and I get the same error -6002 I was able to download and install 3dmark2003 and run it with no problems. If anyone has any other ideas what this could be I would appreciate it. I am new to 64Bit chips and do not know if even though I am running 32bit OS some software does not like the 64Bit chipset?? Thanks

Please Note: I have tried downloading the file from multiple locations.

2. hitman012

hitman012 Minimodder

Hi, welcome to Bit-Tech :)

This shouldn't be a problem - it sounds like you're experiencing driver issues. Have you got the latest version of the ForceWare drivers from NVIDIA's website?