1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling AC Freezer Pro 7 Rev.2

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Jazman, 20 Oct 2010.

1. Jazman

Jazman No CPC where I live!

Hello, I live in South Africa and we do not have a wide range of CPU Coolers available, I can get my hands on an AC Freezer Pro 7 Rev.2, but sadly not the recent award winning Thermaltake Frio. I notice that the AC Freezer Pro did not feature in the recent CPU Cooler tests in Custom PC, does that mean that it's fallen out of favour? And is it still a good cooler for 1156?
    Thanks
    Paul

2. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

I had it cooling my i5 750 and I found it to be a woeful cooler when I started overclocking with idle temps of 56 at 3.8 GHz.. It was alright at stock speeds though.

3. bagman

bagman Minimodder

it is good with a dual core like the i3 or some of the cheaper AMD chips like the 550

basicly good with any sub £100 processor, but it does struggle to cool quad cores

4. Marine-RX179

Marine-RX179 What's a Dremel?

It would be fine for i5/i7 Quad if you are only overclocking to not beyond 3.8GHz and using as low stable vcore as possible...wouldn't recommend you overclocking further than that though.

For i3 dual-core, it should be fine for up to 4.0~4.2GHz.

thehippoz likes this.
  5. murraynt

murraynt Modder

What website are you buying from?
    Maybe we could have a look at the coolers?

6. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

It's nice and quiet (and easy to install atleast on AMD-boards), but the yeah it definitely isn't one of the best performing coolers out there.

7. philheckler

philheckler Used to be a pc enthusiast

i've got one on my i5 750 , the cpu is overclocked to 3.6ghz (1.2v vcore) - prime stressed load temps max out at around 60c - never pushed the cpu past that , so i can't comment how good the cooler would be with a more extreme o/c...

8. rob the bank

rob the bank What's a Dremel?

Arctic do have new and improved models coming soon the Freezer 13 and 13 pro.
    These shuld bring them back to Fenrir and Frio performance

9. Marine-RX179

Marine-RX179 What's a Dremel?

What I fail to understand is Titan Fenrir has gone through a few versions already, yet they seem to fail to realise that lots of people wish that it has support for push/pull configuration. Some people even go and use zipties to add an extra fan for pulling on the existing Titan Fenrirs...ugly as it may :wallbash:

10. Jazman

Jazman No CPC where I live!

Thanks Phil, I don't think that I will ever clock my i5-750 beyond 3.6Ghz, so the AC Freezer Pro 7 should be good enough, certainly better than the stock Intel cooler which I have at present. The reason for wanting to change is that I've been hitting 90°C on core #3 with prime and whilst gaming - and that's without any overclock, but do bear in mind my ambient temperature is generally a lot higher than the UK! I also have a new case - Antec 600 - hopefully the cooling on that should also assist in keeping temps in the low 80's.
    Thanks to all the OP for your valuable input.
    Paul