1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Activision doubts Battlefield 3 console performance

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 9 Jun 2011.

1. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

Source?
    I've read conflicting reports about this, with others saying that the BF3 footage we've seen was running on GTX 580s.

-

As for Kotick, why do we even give him the benefit of broadcasting his sound bites? Yes, Bobby Kotick is an absolute ***** and represents everything I completely detest about the state of the modern games industry, but no, I doubt he's actually as stupid as to believe what he says in these controversial sound bites.
    This was done as an attempt to drum up hype and fuel the CoD/BF3 marketing war. He knows that with the brand recognition of CoD on the consoles that no matter how good BF3 is the overall sales of MW3 will likely still be higher and so he calls their bluff to get the fanboyish hordes behind him.

From what I've seen it's worked well, even if it also managed to rile up the Battlefield fanboys just as much. Whether we like it or not, the people who care about Battlefield are mainly on PC. The people who care about CoD are on PC, X360 and PS3. It was a winning proposition for Kotick to make those comments, even if it makes him look like even more of a tool than he did before.

Let's not give him any more attention or airtime than he deserves. Please?

2. Kakeshoma

Kakeshoma What's a Dremel?

Check "gustavhalling" 's tweets...

3. Hypno

Hypno What's a Dremel?

So you didnt take the time to click hardcore mode in BFBC2? As in hardcore mode all bolt action sniper rifle kill in 1 shot and semi auto sniper rifle in 2 shots.

4. Gavo

Gavo The Tall One

He's just butthurt because he got denied entry to the invite-only demo.

5. Dedlite

Dedlite What's a Dremel?

Err...you *do* know that most PC owners use their machines for something other that games, right?

6. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

7. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Hmmm, kotick making himself look good to gamers again :lol::duh: I really think the article should be titled "Activision hopes Battlefield 3 console performance is bad so we don't lose sales for not keeping the genre fresh" :clap:.

It's marketing crap & a case of any news is good news with activision :lol: a CEO that trolls, it actually amuses me now & makes me laugh, he's a comedian :hehe:.

Tags: Add Tags