1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Activision explains Infinity Ward reshuffle

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 3 Mar 2010.

1. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

[​IMG]

I'm just going to leave this here.

WildThing likes this.
  2. WildThing

WildThing Minimodder

ROFL! + rep :)

3. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

Same old, different location. FPS are really starting to bore me these days.

4. Bazz

Bazz Multimodder

Yup, and about time too, earlier stuff was great at the time, but the new stuff is just eye candy rubish, that isn't community based.
    DLC will eventually kill online gaming, making way for useless console gaming.

5. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Funny thing is, the music industry is complaining that noone can be bothered to buy the rubbish they put out anymore and Activision is dumb enough to still copy them.

6. knyghtryda

knyghtryda What's a Dremel?

I think any new studio with ex-devs from IW would do rather well and get picked up by another publisher pretty quick. Talent + fresh start = big games and big money.

7. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Vince and Jason have probably signed non-competes which stop them from simply making a new COD though.

8. Farfalho

Farfalho Minimodder

+1
    Rofl.

I guess CoD as we know is pretty much dead... Oh well, there's still plenty of MW1 copies out there and I've got my MW2 copy too, so I'm safe xD

9. omicron

omicron Baud.

.../cringe

10. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

should make a WW1 game, at least it gives them an excuse to make a never ending spawn of enemies

11. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Oh sweet, I got three kills. Now I can call in an observation balloon!

smc8788 likes this.
  12. bogie170

bogie170 What's a Dremel?

Screw Activision and screw IW. They screwed us PC Gamers. What goes round comes round.

13. Thatguy119

Thatguy119 Minimodder

Exept most of us still own a copy of MW2 even if we dont like it.

14. Faulk_Wulf

Faulk_Wulf Internet Addict

How is it legal for Act to withhold royalties? (Please, I don't care about the drama of all this, I'm asking if it was Parent Company X withholding from Sub-Company Y, how would it be legal?)

15. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

speak for yourself. some people who signed that petition actually followed through on their convictions, and were rewarded by not having spent £40 on a crap game.

16. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!
    You bought it? The PC version? :eyebrow:

17. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

indeed, that 40 quid got me a world of goodness in the steam xmas sale

18. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

It most likely isn't, and action is now being taken about that by the two who were fired.

Proud to be one of those. £40 bought me Bad Company 2, far superior modern shooter.

19. somidiot

somidiot Minimodder

+1
    seems like all we actual gamers get anymore is bit's of scraps from a promising looking table. . . .
    sounds like companies here in the states, way back when companies called their department dealing with the little people "Personnel" now it's "Human Resources." People are no longer important.

20. ZERO <ibis>

ZERO <ibis> Minimodder

Well all we can do is wait for them to go out of business when people stop buying the games. It may take some time but at least it will be a lesson for the future that such models do not work. When you really think about computer games is a young industry. Companies for better or worse are going to try every idea they can think of to make money and there is nothing wrong with that. The frustrating thing is waiting around for the industry to find the best formula and until then we will see companies amass wealth and die out from going the wrong way. Take a look at valve who has also tired new ideas to make more money in the industry with things like steam. For them it worked out and now is a major part of their company, blizzard is taking a new approach with SCII. For better or worse these companies are going to try to make money any way the can. The good thing is that as long as government stays out of the way the bad ideas and companies will eventually change or die and in the end we will end up with some great games and good times and those who worked hard on making these games will fly around in private jets.

Tags: Add Tags