1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling Adding new pump+waterblock to WC setup

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by CozaMcCoza, 12 Sep 2008.

1. CozaMcCoza

CozaMcCoza What's a Dremel?

I've got a H20-220 compact WC setup (all Swiftech parts) and it currently has 2 x MCW30 chipset coolers added into the system on my motherboard to cool the North and South bridges as well as using the standard size tubing that came with it (3/8" Norprene).

The waterpump is the Swiftech Apogee (see below for specs)

Would it be possible to do the following setup? I've drawn it in paint so it's fairly basic but you get the general idea. I wanted to have one pump running the CPU, NB and SB whilst another pump runs the GPU.

The only concern I have with it is if I get a new pump for the whole system then it also means I need to get a CPU water block which I don't want to have to make the extra cost on if I can avoid it. I'm pretty sure that my radiator can handle the entire setup as well as I've seen others doing so as well

What does everyone think? Is it possible? I'm fairly new to all of this. From what I've read there are two possible solutions to this other than replacing the existing CPU waterblock/pump with new independent ones:

[​IMG]
    And
    [​IMG]

I don't have a large budget and would like to buy the least amount of things if possible.

Many thanks

2. CozaMcCoza

Oh I forgot to mention my system specs:

E6400 2.13 GHz @ 3.0GHz
    4Gb OCZ-PC2 8500 @ 900MHz
    Asus P5N32-E Sli 680i
    Swiftech H20-220 Compact
    Leadtek 8800GTS 640Mb
    2 x Raptor 74Gb Raid 0
    Barracuda 750Gb
    X-Fi Gamer
    Modded Coolermaster Cosmos
    Corsair HX 620W

3. Rocket733

Rocket733 Austerity - It's the only way

What's the reason behind adding another pump? Are your temps too high right now or just want to add one for the heck of it? Using Martin210's flowrate estimator it looks like you're right aroung 1 gpm or 4 lpm which is decent. If you're looking for more performance I'd consider adding another rad.

4. CozaMcCoza

I'm adding another pump because the pump on the Apogee block isn't powerful enough to include any more and if it does work I don't want to burn it out through too much work.

I was considering getting another radiator but would you opt for a new one added into the system or a larger one to replace the current one?

5. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

believe me you do not need a second pump, and rad...
    mcw30s are actually useless in the loop, they do not make much difference in temps

6. CozaMcCoza

Why would you say I don't need another pump or radiator? Also I've already got the MCW30s in my system and I'm thoroughly glad I got them as my NB was way too hot and you could fry an egg on that thing!

7. Rocket733

Rocket733 Austerity - It's the only way

using the flowrate estimator in my link you dont need another pump. unless you just feel like adding one. you wont burn out your pump from adding blocks, just increase temperatures

Tags: