1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Networks ADSL Modem with High Speed Wireless Router problems!! Please Help!!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Henchman:crg, 14 Aug 2005.

1. Henchman:crg

Henchman:crg What's a Dremel?

I cannot get this wireless stuff to work, I now have the correct wireless router, it has a built in adsl modem, but the signal strength is crap.

I have changed the channels, but this does not help, can anyone give some ideas?

I do have a cordless digit phone in the same room, but surely these products should not interfere with each other?

EDIT: Ohh yes, the router is no more than 4 meters from my computer, so this cant be the problem.

Last edited: 14 Aug 2005
  2. dadofsam

dadofsam What's a Dremel?

i ahve a belkin adsl router and modem built into one, and a 54mbps PCI card, and i get low strength but my 2mb broadmand and file transfering etc. is never "slow"

3. LAGMonkey

LAGMonkey Group 7 error

cordless digial phones work on the 2.4Ghz range if their new, and as we all know 802.11b/g runs on the same frequency. Are their any other wireless networks in the area? and have you make sure that the antenna is screwed in all the way (silly i know but ive forgotten that one before)

4. Henchman:crg

Yep, I've re-screwed in the antenna, and the signal strengths keeps changing to the point where I cannot upload files to a ftp server without it interrupting the upload.
    Plug the network cable back in, and all works fine.

5. LAGMonkey

LAGMonkey Group 7 error

as a last resort you could always "reboot to restart" :)D Apollo 13 movie quote). By that i mean reset to factory defults.
    Also have you tryed flashing to a new firmware? Many problems have been fixed doing that.

6. Henchman:crg

Thanks, tried that also.

Actually, I have even upgraded the firmware in the router now, still no difference.

Been doing a google search, I'm not the only one the get this problem using Belkin wireless routers.

Even the software driver you install of the CD uses 100% cpu until you download the latest software drivers, I'm taking it back and getting a refund.

Tags: