1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electronics Again a PSone thread... sorry but,

Discussion in 'Modding' started by olle, 1 Jun 2006.

1. olle

olle What's a Dremel?

I got a psone screen from a dude on my work but it isnt a sony its a cheap copy of one... I remember a thread were a guy have found one on e-bay. Does somebody know a how to or something eith this budget lcd. They I have found on Bit tech are only for Sony´s. Sorry for my newbie questions :wallbash:

2. GuardianStorm

GuardianStorm Minimodder

its fine if you are planning on using the SVideo - Composite method.

i have a Competition Pro, and thats the only way to wire it, i could do it by vga, but it involves alot of investigation, and i really cant be bothered.

it looks fine on svideo too, and you dont need to play with powerstrip either

3. olle

olle What's a Dremel?

Ok, that sounds great, but sorry for my lack of knowledge, exactly How do I do that?!? Is there any How to´s u recommend?!

4. GuardianStorm

GuardianStorm Minimodder

simple:

1. make sure you have a graphics card with an svieo out
    2. buy an SVideo to Composit Cable
    3. Plug In
    4. Play with your windows settings till your 'tv' is recognised

done!

5. Kumo

Kumo What's a Dremel?

I have a cheap screen also. I soldered the wires for a VGA input. But the best i get is a over refreshed screen with the booting startup and not much more (in a Matrox card in linux, and with a nvida card in win). Once Win startup doesn't recognise the new screen. If TV or TFT is plugged in one of the other outputs, the display doesnt show nothing.

Since my LCD has not more exit/input than the PSOne squared one, where i can find some info or how to about solder a composite / s-video plug, and try again?

Last edited: 4 Jun 2006
  6. Kumo

Kumo What's a Dremel?

I've tried it by s-video and a RCA conector. I got a enought nice image, but only in B/N- Any suggestion?

THX

7. GuardianStorm

GuardianStorm Minimodder

it could be a B&W only cable, or you could have the wrong output mode from your GPU, NTSC as opposed to PAL (or the otherway round)

8. ShadyMilkman

ShadyMilkman What's a Dremel?

I just got a hold of two of these screens from a friend. I tried using the S-Video out to composite to mini-RCA method and connected the screen to the PC. It powers up and everything but I'm not getting anything on the screen and the computer won't recognize it as another monitor (not sure if it should or not). I've got a GeForce 6800, currently with dual monitors plus the sony in the s-video out. Does anyone have any suggestions? I feel like theres something I just need to turn on somewhere but I've made sure I have the latest drivers and can't find anything about it. Any input is welcome.

Thanks.

9. Kumo

Kumo What's a Dremel?

if you already have 2 screens conected, the svideo ouput is usually off. I mean, the card doesn't support 3 screens at the same time.

10. Kumo

Kumo What's a Dremel?

I tried with another source of video (a sat reciever) and only b&w is displayed. The cable is the same that i use to watch films in my tv, maybe any solder... i'm confused.