1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aint Dremels fun!

Discussion in 'General' started by PaulW, 18 Feb 2004.

1. PaulW

PaulW What's a Dremel?

Just wasted 3 cutting discs :wallbash: :lol: I've never used one of these, so i'm practicing on an old case, will have to buy more discs for it before the week is out! hehe

I'll get some pics up later, I'm just having too much fun!!! :hehe:

:rock: :dremel: :rock: :dremel: :rock: :dremel:

2. Lazy

Lazy Meow?

are you using the carbon fibre ones?

it will take you hours to cut a window with the standard ones that come with the dremel.

3. PaulW

PaulW What's a Dremel?

There standard cutting discs, and yeah its taking ages to cut a small little square out!! Plus it just cost me Disc number 4 :lol: so think I best call it quits for now hehe

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ok I know it aint a Proper Dremel, but this one is just as good & comes with quite a few extra's to boot!!

Only problem was the shaft which the cutting discs are connected to spins freely (dodgy shaft) so just soldered it up a bit to stop the play & it works perfectly!

I think its cos I don't really have a steady hand that there breaking like they are, but I will invest in some of these carbon fibre ones if there as good as you say!! just hope they don't break as easily mind!!

4. Monkeyboy

Monkeyboy Minimodder

Are you applying too much pressure? Use a light touch, and take your time.

5. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

If you keep on breaking disks, try changing the speed (if you can), usually a higher speed will help a bit afaik... :)

6. Ubermich

Ubermich He did it!

go get the fiberglass disks.

7. AcEmAsTr

AcEmAsTr Banned

your obviously doing something wrong, maybe moving the discs up and down, or too much pressure, ive cut my steel case up lots of times, only problem i get is the discs wearing down

8. Digitalblueshift

Digitalblueshift What's a Dremel?

if you do it proper you should end up with a nub of a disk...

9. hypocrisy86

hypocrisy86 Banned

Bad ass :thumb:

10. MrDT

MrDT fapfap

out of interest, how much did it cost? where did you get it from?

thinking of getting an el cheapo dremelalike for tiny little jobs (no point shelling out loads of cash for something that will very rarely be used)

11. Adolftitler

Adolftitler What's a Dremel?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! CHALLENGE EXTREME, SPAWN OF SATAN!! Argos own brand, 30 note. Seriously injured my thumb with one of those after finding the screwdriver wouldnt fit the notches on the tool, so i used a knife! Ruinded all of the cutting and sanding disks and then returned it to my mate who works at argos. I'm much happier with my dremel now.

12. PaulW

PaulW What's a Dremel?

I've got a proper set of dremel tools for it now, much better!!! I still think its ok though!!

I was probably applying far too much pressure, been cutting a few bits lately (with the cheapo-discs & the dremel ones) and didnt smash 1!! was great :D

Also speed is adjustable, so turned it up a bit & went through alot easier!

but yeah, the standard tools & bits which come with it are useless!! the 2 drill-bits are buckled & the grinding blocks just keep breaking up, hence the proper dremel bits!