1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

All-In-One Printer Recommendations?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Orca, 31 Jan 2008.

1. Orca

Orca What's a Dremel?

My parents' all-in-one printer bit the dust recently and they have tasked me with recommending them a new one, but I'm completely stumped since I don't print stuff anymore (lol). Any folks here who are satisfied with their all-in-one and could recommend it to me? Budget is about £80... 90-100 at the most if it's really worth it.

I've also heard a rumor that the four tank printers are better than the two tank printers? But I don't seem to understand why. Anyone know?

Cheers.

2. Bluephoenix

Bluephoenix Spoon? What spoon?

nope, 2 tankers are better, as they are usually cheaper, which means fewer cents per page. the multi-cartrige types are usually a lot more expensive.

Currently I use a Lexmark X9330, which does just about everything (print/scan/fax/etc) and works as a wireless network printer for those who hate wires.

3. mm vr

mm vr The cheesecake is a lie

I have a HP PSC 1350 all-in-one.

Pros:
    - Cheap (40€)

Cons:
    - Slow
    - Several strange problems (eg. the printing head gets stuck and you have to reboot the computer)

I understand this isn't in you price class but posted anyway...

4. radodrill

radodrill Resident EI

The thing with 1 color tank is that usually one color is used quicker than the other colors resulting in having to replace the tank with a fair amount of ink left in the other colors; with individual tanks you just replace the empty one. The con in that in some cases (depending on printer model, i.e. how much ink it uses and size/cost of cartridges) it can be more expensive in terms of supplies.

5. Seraphim Works

Seraphim Works What's a Dremel?

Could always look at the HP 2575, good little printer. Does scanning, printing, etc. It's also got a card reader and a little tft screen so you can always print headlessly.

The best bit for me is the built in networking though, my 2575 is hooked upto the router and serves as a pretty decent network printer.

6. ToMMo

ToMMo What's a Dremel?

Got an HP Deskjet F4100 that i got for free, seems to do the job nicely but only had it for a few weeks, it has been pummeled with printing lecture notes tho and is holding up well