1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows All you ppl who are afrade doom 3 wont run on your system - that one is for you

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by X-W4rrioR, 4 Aug 2004.

1. X-W4rrioR

X-W4rrioR What's a Dremel?

i just got that game, and i have a P4 1.7 @ 2 GHZ 512 SDRAM 100 MHZ GF2MX400(overclocked a bit, but it dosent even has a passive cooling on it :p ) and MAXTOR 5400 RPM 2MB buffer (if at all, im not sure it has a buffer :D ) [cant wait to get my new machine next week :naughty: ]
    anyhow, i was sure the game wont run on my machine bcz im alot under the "minimum" settings
    but alas! it is runing! :p with everything off and 640X480 it runs on 20 FPS avarage, sometimes even tops in 35 (in all areas that dont have moving objects but vending machines/computers/INFO stuff)
    and when a monster pops up it drops to 10-5
    but never gets into complete slideshow thingy
    here are some pics, hope you are more relaxed now! (my friend who has P4 1500 MHZ and R9700 PRO and 128 RDRAM managed to run it with fitlers off but everything else on high and all effects on at 1024 res smoothly [didnt checked FPS] )

http://mywebpage.netscape.com/link2the2hylian/doom3movie.jpg
    http://mywebpage.netscape.com/link2the2hylian/doom1indoom3.jpg
    http://mywebpage.netscape.com/link2the2hylian/smallplacesdoom3.jpg

(those are all from my GF2MX) [didnt take any action pics =\ soz)

2. mushky

mushky gimme snails

yeah, it will *run* on a lot of machines. My definition of playable seems to be different to everyone else. I might hold off playing it til i can afford some better gear.

currently have a 9700pro, xp@2.4, 512MB@208. Somehow I feel that If I want to run high quality settings which is a must in my opinion, then I'm gonna be stuck at 800x600.

3. X-W4rrioR

X-W4rrioR What's a Dremel?

actually its not that playable.. but its tolerantable :p
    going to get my new rig soon
    3200+
    8kda3j
    1 gig 500MHZ a-data
    6800GT
    7200rpm8buffer

4. fartonmyear

fartonmyear What's a Dremel?

at first my geforce4 mx440 wasn't liking doom3 at all. after some tweaking (medium quality, low resolution, some eyecandy) it runs AOK. i'm actually surprised i'm running it this well.

pentium4 2.66, 512 ram, mx440

5. slater

slater Mummy Says Im Special

It semes that the big bottle neck is vram. on my 128mb 9600pro i can run at 1040x762 on high. the gaphics run perfectly untill you enter a new room where the game has to load new textures etc. to the vram then it lags a little. You wont cure this but improving GPU or Ram speed only a 256mb card

Never the less its perfectly playable just alittle annoying at times :sigh:

6. -:: M@ ::-

-:: M@ ::- Testify!

I play it on a 1.8 P4, Ti4200 and only 256 meg ram :eeek:
    and it runs fine in 640x480 with most the advanced settings ticked apart from anti alising...

Oh and for people who wanna check out there FPS ingame, theres a console command incase you didnt know it..
    press Ctrl+alt+~ to bring up console, then type in com_drawfps

oh and on my keyboard console comes up with ctrl alt ` (incase you couldnt get it to work...)

oh and *cough*... type in god for godmode, and give all for all weapons, and give keys for all locks, or doomhell (or doom hell aint tryed it yet to know if theres a space in it) to get to the last level..just incase you wanna just blow stuff up...tbh the weapons are all crap and generic, theyve come up with no good weapons etc, you would think for such a suspense game, they would give you some trap setting weapons etc...

Tags: