1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alright guys, got a tough decision here....

Discussion in 'General' started by hprcrazyguy, 17 Sep 2002.

1. hprcrazyguy

hprcrazyguy Minimodder

Here is my little dilema. I want to get a nice new PC-70 to mod. The case and other materials will cost me around $300-$375 to finish it. However I have really been wanting to get one of these Traxxas T-Maxx RC trucks.

[​IMG][​IMG]

T-Maxx Specs

Now, that truck will cost about the same thing as my new project and I cant afford to do both. I can do one now, then the other in 6 months or later but I dont really know which one I should go for now. :confused::confused:

Just want to hear some of your opinions on what I should get. Thanks. :)

2. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

You will use the truck for 6 weeks then it will collect dust ... well thats what happened to mine :rolleyes:

3. Slink

Slink B7

HPI rush,

:)

4. hprcrazyguy

hprcrazyguy Minimodder

Spike: that is what I am afraid of, use it for a while and then just leave it sit around, I mean, thats a lot of money to "throw away"

Slink: do you have that rush? it looks cool. if you do, is it fairly tough?

I may end up just getting a cheaper R/C car and then getting my modding project going on a little sooner. :idea:

5. Slink

Slink B7

Had the Rush for about 4 month, nothing broke on it what so ever and i hammerd it all over,

Only problem i had with it, was sometimes the reciever houseing would pop open, but a bit of super glue and it was sealed forever,

and the rear tires would sometimes come off on tarmac, but hell, its an off roader, not a street racer,

Good all rounder, and fairly cheap too,

6. sinizterguy

sinizterguy Dark & Sinizter

Get a cheaper truck and start some mods now and continue 'em :)

7. hprcrazyguy

hprcrazyguy Minimodder

Cool, thanks for the info Slink.

I think I may just go with this Traxxas Rustler because its cheap and that E-Maxx would cost me over $400 with all the accessories and stuff. I think the Rustler will be fine for me and its less than $200 for everything and since this is my first car I dont want to get something expensive and not use it after a couple months. I may get another one if I end up liking this hobby. But if I buy this car I may be able to get the PC-70 in November and some Antec fans and cathodes for christmas. :D I think I may go over to the local hobby store tomorrow since I know they have that car but I am not sure about the package deal. Hope I get away for under $200. Wish me luck. :D

Off subject, does anyone think this guy look like he is waving his middle finger around, lol. ---> :nono: :hehe:

8. Slink

Slink B7

You could allways ask your local hobie shop if they would let you do a deal a kit,

Tell them you will pay so much a week and ask if there is anyway he will let you have it after so many payments,

My local hobie store owner was great like that, credit on anything i wanted :D

9. Lovah

Lovah Apple and Canon fanboy

Hmmmm

tough call :)

uhm

well ... u already have a case , right ? so thats not something that you have to have ...

but ur talking about the PC-70 and thats just more then just a case ...

I dunno .. I use my computer whenever i'm at home ... so daily ..

but that looks like one hell of a truck

looks mighty fun

if thats a big hobby of you , and u know u will still love playing with it in about 5 months ....

then I might consider the car

u have a case , so the pc-70 can wait

however , if your biggest hobby is modding ... I'd buy the case
    there is alot more to mod on a case , then on on that truck ....

(I would have the cover (the plastiek truck formed thing), would have to come , and I would make a light aluminium one , thats smaller , a close fit .. , thats what I did with mine (its not such a huge thing though)

oh well

gotta go to school now

Hope i made ur desision easier

10. Moo

Moo What's a Dremel?

Once you have found the steepest hill you can climb, and the biggest jump you can do r/c trucks start to loose their attraction.
    However, if you can find a couple of mates to race with, or a club, it becomes much more fun. And much more expensive.
    For cheap fun there are a lot of places selling mini indoor r/c cars that are about 6cm long. www.firebox.com has them in the uk.
    For not much money you can now waste hours of home and work time, people even mod them!
    I have had lots of fun modding my case over the last couple of months, but now I guess it just sits there under my desk.

Doh! did I just post a link to firebox, see your money dissapear:)