1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Am I just being stupid?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Anator, 13 Mar 2006.

1. Anator

Anator What's a Dremel?

Ok, I feel like a bit of a fool for posting this, but I couldn't think of anything else to try.

Is there something I am missing when it comes to removing wires from a small 2 pin fan connector? I tried for ages to try and remove the wires and eventually ended up tearing it out of the connector, now im left with the connector and 2 very small pieces of wire still lodged in it :waah:

I need the connector as the new cooler i am fitting was 3 pin, and the socket on my card is 2 pin.

What am I missing? Surely there is an easier way to remove these wires than tearing them out :geek:

P.S No comments about noobs please :blah:

2. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

On the side of the connecter there should be a little bit of exposed metal, push it in with the point of a knife or a small screwdriver, and pull on the wire, the connecter should pull out with it.

3. Anator

Anator What's a Dremel?

Yeh, I did actually try this before but im telling you it would NOT come out! Ill give it another try but unfortunately i have very little wire left to pull on now.

4. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

In that case I'd just forget about it and reach for the soldering iron. If you're changing the fan chances are the warranty's out the window anyway.

5. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

what about using a pair of pliers and gently "rocking" the connector out.

6. Anator

Anator What's a Dremel?

I guess your right, was hoping I wouldn't have to though.

It's not the connector itself im trying to remove, its the wiring from inside the connector (whats left of it).

Tags: