1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Music Ambient Music

Discussion in 'General' started by iwog, 4 Feb 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

FROU FROU / IMOGEN HEAP Cheesecake

2. K

K 528491

Susumu Yokota

Japanese ambient loveliness.

3. ou7blaze

ou7blaze sensational.

Anyone mentioned Thievery Corporation yet? and that one song by FC Kahuna - Hayling !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

Just adding some flavour with an Ambient-Electro classic:

Echtzeit by Sensorama
    The ever-popular Roman Flügel is one half of the duo.

5. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Solaris soundtrack is a great one

6. dogdude16

dogdude16 What's a Dremel?

One CD I like to listen to when I do my homework is Incubus: Make yourself

7. E.E.L. Ambiense

E.E.L. Ambiense Acrylic Heretic

Incubus being mentioned in an ambient music thread? :confused: I think it's been derailed now. ;)

8. Tralala

Tralala What's a Dremel?

This is the kind of thread I always end up discovering new music from.... it's the best thing about the "long tail" and music.... before u had to read in a magazine or hunt around in a record store to find something cool -- which made the choices always subject to the "gatekeeping" of editors and music store buyers and etc... -- which would lead inevitably to mediocrity and the prevalence of "poser music" -- i.e. stuff that you want to like because you think it's cool, not because you really like it. Music journalism especially creates high-profiles for really lame stuff, because journalists are always looking behind their backs, trying to profile something that they think in 2 years people will think they were cool for liking "way back when".... I GREATLY prefer the democratic nature of threads like these, where people simply list their tastes and you can just look something up on itunes or youtube and check it out for yourself....

These days I'm really into techno and techno/rock and stuff like that -- try searching for these songs:

Thomas Falke "Revolution On The Dance Floor"
    Groove Cutter "My Shooter"
    Control One "Just A Little Bit"
    Ian Carey "Redlight"
    Kevin Weg "Dead Radio"

I don't usually go for techno but these are sort of like a weird crossover between rock and techno/trance.

Here are also some downloads with some other cool stuff too -- http://www.electricfilebox.com/tracks

9. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

+1

10. Arkanrais

Arkanrais What's a Dremel?

boards of canada +1
    also: Castlevania symphony of the night OST ('lament of innocence' and 'curse of darkness' could be good as well from the Castlevania section)
    devil may cry OST's (minus the boss fight tracks if you don't want upbeat tracks)
    Diablo 2 soundtracks
    Nine Inch Nails: Ghosts I - IV (good for ambient music though some tracks might not be to your liking for the upbeat ones)
    a site for game sountracks mp3 downloads: http://bluelaguna.net/
    John 5 makes good instrumental music though its most likely not what you're after. his is mostly metal with some grass roots/blue jeans (or what ever the hell its called) (2 die 4 is a good track of his for chilling out to)

Last edited: 28 May 2008
Tags: