1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling Ambient / water temps ?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kms, 11 Jun 2002.

1. kms

kms What's a Dremel?

As above, what are your ambient temps, water temps, cpu temps etc what they measured with and what w/c gear are you using ?

TIA

2. scopEDog

scopEDog Minimodder

IMO i think this is a sort of "gray" area in watercooling. Some people post the most outrageous temps. I've seen stuff like "Yeah i'm getting 22c and 28c load!" which i think is way off (unless you use a pelt). I think when properly setup you should be getting around 35c ambient for cpu temp (xp1800). The only proper way to measure the temp would be an external temp probe, NOT the thermistor on the motherboard (which alot of people use). The problem with the thermistor is that temps change radically with case fans, etc.. and does not accurately measure cpu temps. Of course this is MHO :D

3. Coolrunnin

Coolrunnin What's a Dremel?

What about the internal diode inside the XP? People like me with K3A+s can read it can't we? How accurate are these?

4. scopEDog

scopEDog Minimodder

If your using the internal diode..your all set :D ..as a test see what kind of temps you get from the ID and the onboard thermistor...you should see a pretty big difference.

5. Coolrunnin

When I'm up and runnin I'll post the two temps if ya like so peeps can see how **** the thermistor is :hehe:!

Meanwhile back to the modding :D

6. Haddy

Haddy World Domination

hehe yea i used the onboard crap and it said my cpu wuz at like 50c......boy i wuz ****ed (that has to be the dumbest filter ever i can say pee but not p i s s)......till i broke out the compusnure and it said it wuz only 34c =) *btw that wuz like 2 years ago*

7. Lord_Vheox

Lord_Vheox What's a Dremel?

I think it all depends on the temp of the room... personally I don't like a cold room, so my puter is a little hotter then usual... around 45 maybe, have checked since i made my blowhole.

8. Coolrunnin

Haddy - The thermistor on my old Abit KR7A-RAID told me that my 1700XP was running at 24C....... cooled with an Alpha PAL8045/delta and o/c'd to about 17something or other @1.85v!!

Accurate huh!:hehe::rolleyes:

9. Haddy

Haddy World Domination

haha.....its even worse with wc cause the thermistor measures air temp and if the air isnt being circulated *wb instead of hs/fan* then the air temps are higher in htere.....

10. Coolrunnin

That board would probly have gone into -ve temps with watercooling it was so **** :rolleyes: :hehe:

Offloaded it to some bloke who wanted a 'home pc' hehe:dude:

Tags: