1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CPU AMD phenom x6 release must be close?!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Nikols, 19 Apr 2010.

1. Nikols

Nikols What's a Dremel?

2. DorkSterr

DorkSterr Hakuna Matata

The price is amazing! Makes me want to cry for the price I paid for my 6 core CPU. I cant wait for benches!

3. deathtaker27

deathtaker27 Modder

this i want. looks like a good cpu. and i like the USB 3 and Sata 3 features on the motherboards.

4. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

id like to see some proper benchmarks for it, and whether as a platform it performs any faster than a i7 930 setup. But the price does look amazing, But in the UK it'll probably cost £300.

5. Nikols

Nikols What's a Dremel?

I've had my phenom 940be presold since late march in anticipation of this chips release. I'm gonna have to let it go soon soon to it's new home so this can't arrive soon enuff, Hurry up amd! The volcano better be blowing the other direction for the next couple of weeks...

Last edited: 19 Apr 2010
  6. knuck

knuck Hate your face

if the new AMDs are anything like their current gen CPUs, especially the BEs, then this is going to rock

7. Quavr

Quavr Minimodder

I can't wait to see how well they overclock, from the article on bit the other day its looking hopeful, but even if they don't at that price i'm definitely going to get one asap :D

8. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

I am definitely getting one! If it simply drops into my current motherboard following a BIOS update I see nothing but upsides to this. Eagerly awaiting their release.

9. Nikols

Nikols What's a Dremel?

Asus released the bios update for it a couple of weeks ago, no harm being prepared ;-)

10. null_x86

null_x86 Thread Closer

QFT.

I would love to get my hands on two of these (replace my Athlon 240 and one for my new build), Hell, I might just build a server with one of these instead of a Xeon. Anyone heard anything on the "Zambezi" 8 cores? Last I heard they were Q1/Q2 2011.

11. Nikols

Nikols What's a Dremel?

12. confusis

confusis Kiwi-modder

If this works as promised i do believe AMD may be back on track!

13. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

Im hoping the Phenom II 955 or 965 drops closer to £100. Highly doubt it tho.

14. knuck

knuck Hate your face

it's 165$ (107£) here. This is easily the best deal I have ever seen on a CPU, ever. I have been following hardware for over 10 years and never before have I seen such a great deal. The legendary Celeron 300A comes to mind but you had to have good ram to reach the 100% overclock. The P4 1.8A who could easily overclock to 2.8Ghz (and more) was also great but then again good ram was needed

With this black however you get a 3.2Ghz Quad Core unlocked beast that can run on a one and a half year old board that runs 4GB, 75$ DDR2 ram and yet... you can still overclock it like crazy !

what a deal

why go to Intel when there are BE AMD cpus... (and I am no fanboy)

15. pimonserry

pimonserry sounds like a party.

Not to mention Intel are rumoured to introduce another 2 sockets within 18 months..

All the more reason to go with AMD.

16. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

For that price if it offers some good performance I may be having to grab a new PC this summer... we'll have to see just how well it does, though.

17. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

It looks most likely to be the final upgrade for my mobo. Don't really have the cash for a new mobo and ram atm either so its value im looking for. Unfortunately the price hit as low as £120 here before spiking to £130 again. ATM it looks to be coming down again. £120 is a fantastic price but we shall see what happens when the new line come out.

18. warejon9

warejon9 What's a Dremel?

I was on scan yesterday, and with their today only bundles they listed the new asus ROG board for £164 which ain't to bad either, sadly when you try and buy it, it says the product is not currently avaliable. Still can't wait for these to come out.

19. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

Do the Phenom IIs work in AM2+ boards?

I've really dorpped out of the loop really but a 965/955 sounds like the perfect upgrade to my 9850.

20. Nikols

Nikols What's a Dremel?

A good few am2+/am3 boards have had a new bios release in the past 2 weeks to support the x6 cores. Definately asus, gigabyte and msi have released a list of supported boards. Check ur mb manufacturer website to see if it got an update.