1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMD's recommended Temps?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by GunDam, 18 Oct 2002.

1. GunDam

GunDam Minimodder

I've just finished helping a m8 build his pc, and coz he's a tight & lazy git :rolleyes: he's bought a retail XP2100 that comes with AMD's own HSF.

The HSF is surpising p00 as it idles @ 56*C compared to my XP2200 @ 36*C on a Swiftech ( btw thx b1g-d0g ) with a very modest fan.

Should we be concerned about the 56*C temp? After all it is using AMD's own HSF. Can anyone tell me wot the recommended Temp range is for XP's?

2. felix the cat

felix the cat Spaceman Spiff

56 is quite high...wat mobo is it though??

3. GunDam

GunDam Minimodder

Abit KX7-333

4. felix the cat

felix the cat Spaceman Spiff

get a taisol 760...its 13 pounds, but worth it, if you think about the price of the mobo, cpu which it might save from overheating...

5. IsaacSibson

IsaacSibson Banned

I'd put the Akasa AK821Q above the 760, but I've not actually done the test yet (waiting on a test rig).

The temp is high, but without overclocking, it should be sustainable. However, I would not be comfortable with that, and recommend a change in cooling setup. What's the case temp at? That may be the problem, rather than the HSF.