1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News An Efficient Water “Chiller” @ Pimg Rig

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Cheese, 30 Apr 2002.

1. Cheese

Cheese Doc

{param}

'I will not dwell on basic principles of water-cooling and peltiers/TECs, (thermo-electric coolers). Instead I will explain my goals and the approach I used to attain them. Let me state that this does fit into that category of endeavors where only those willing to risk equipment loss and even physical harm should go. You have been warned, now on to the fun.

I got the “bug” Aug 01 to build a new computer, I had bought an Area51 from Alienware a year before and although they build a fine gaming rig, the truth is that once you re-install windows and do a little upgrading, well, it’s not an Alienware machine anymore. I wanted something new, powerful, and I wanted it to be “mine”.

I started with a Lian-Li PC-60, 1.4gig T-Bird, and all the usual accessories, and after 4 months of looking at the wild things moders were doing to their rigs I really got it bad ! I bought all the usual first timer gear and here is were I ended up.'

Read it :: here ::

Tags: Add Tags