1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watercooling And you think you have a serious WC setup

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Mister_Tad, 20 Nov 2017.

1. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

[​IMG]

Yes, that would be an entire blade chassis submerged in coolant. Delightfully quiet too, quiet enough to have sitting around in your house.

[​IMG]

I'm informed that the ducks are a critical part of the cooling.

MLyons likes this.
  2. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

hmmm. Is there any fancy trickery going on or are they just submerged in coolant? Have an idea for a mod.

3. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Looks like it's just a big-ass tank of [probably] flourinert... possibly with a pump or two to circulate the coolant a bit.

The only trickery appears to be the addition of the all important rubber duck...

4. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Just submerged in coolant, some pumps and chillers in the base of the bath. It's part of a stackable system for mega-density compute, but seems to be a self-contained unit.

http://www.fujitsu.com/global/Images/fujitsu-liquid-immersion-cooling-system-brochure.pdf

It says here the coolant is Fluorinert, but not sure that was the case with this prototype - the coolant had the appearance and consistency of water. Whilst I don't have any previous experience of handling Fluorinert to know from touching it, I'm sure they wouldn't have let me touch it if it was, health and safety and all that.