1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Anno 2070 Demo Impressions

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 13 Nov 2011.

1. arcticstoat

arcticstoat Minimodder

2. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

the demo has almost no content in it and contains the first 2 tutorial levels. of course your going to be given fetch and carry missions, its not as if they're going to give away the continious game mode away for free now is it?

3. Jim

Jim Ineptimodder

If every demo you played was phenomenally dull, and everybody said "well, of course it's dull, it's a demo - if it was that interesting nobody would want to buy the real game", then what would be the point of demos?

Any idiot can make a great demo out of a great game.

4. rickysio

rickysio N900 | HJE900

Why would you purposely make a shitty demo to make people not want to buy your game, no matter how interesting the actual game is?

5. riekmaharg2

riekmaharg2 has completed the PowerCore scratch build

Maybe you didn't build a coal and iron mine and built two of the same that's why it didn't recognise the task as being completed??

6. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

At least the voice acting is better this time...

7. jimmyjj

jimmyjj Minimodder

The Anno series has many thousands of fans, and this game is highly anticipated by many.

Your first mention of this new upcoming game to the Bit Tech community is to rip the crap out of the demo, while providing no useful information about the game or the series.

As Gunsmith pointed out, it is just a couple of levels of the tutorial to give people a little flavour of the game.

Why did you even bother to write this piece, which offers nothing constructive to anyone?

I imagine that you wanted a Sunday update, so you could tick your "at least one update a day box", and knocked this up in a tea break.

8. syggy

syggy What's a Dremel?

I've just tried the German demo and I have to say I share the opinion of bit-tech.net: it is quite disappointing.

Graphics are nice, but the rest is just sub par. The German voice acting is dreadful and the two demo missions are really just a boring tutorial. The story so far is mediocre at best and there is no sense of accomplishment. I bought Anno 1404 and played it for weeks - maybe also because of the "cuddly factor" - this is nearly gone now due to the futuristic setting. The UI is even more overloaded and confusing then in 1404. No money from me this time.

But I have to say it is quite positive to see a demo before the release of the game - which seems to be a long lost quality in the gaming industry nowadays.

9. TheKrumpet

TheKrumpet Once more, into the breach!

So because it has a following it's infallible? Get real, popular games can still be bad. If a demo is bad then no-one wants to play the game, it's a fact of life. The demo should be a short time in which you cram all of the cool stuff that you can do in your game, not a tedious click-grind.

10. ledbythereaper

ledbythereaper What's a Dremel?

Actually this is the first time I've played an Anno game after Gunsmith told me to check the demo out, yes it was lacking in content but I enjoyed it and will now be buying Anno 2070, even picked up 1404 after trying the demo out as it left me wanting to play more.

11. loftie

loftie Multimodder

I was never really into the scenarios in Anno, always preferring the continuous game or free games. I am looking forward to this :D

12. Vimesey

Vimesey What's a Dremel?

Well some games are much harder to create a demo for, any game that relies on giving an open ended experience faces a tough balance of showing what the game is and not giving too much of the game awaay for free.

Though I havn't tried the 2070 demo so I can't say on this one

13. Stewb

Stewb What's a Dremel?

Even if the game is open isn't a good demo still possible? I know it's an entirely different genre but just cause 2 had a cracking demo.

14. Lockinvar

Lockinvar What's a Dremel?

Something about this piece made me want to play this game.. and I can't put my finger on what it was.. And no I'm not being sarcastic.

15. Bede

Bede Minimodder

ITT Anno 2070 fanchildren getting all hot and bothered because they disagree with a man on the internet. Perhaps the main game has better level design, what it will not have is better faction design. Clive was right to pick up on the fact that the game could have been written and designed by Greenpeace's more lunatic members.

16. Vimesey

Vimesey What's a Dremel?

Yeah, while I said it is harder to create a good demo for an open experience, that just means the company should put more thought into their demo or not have one at all.

17. Whindog

Whindog What's a Dremel?

Look at the brightside........If it is crap, (like the demo which shows nothing of what makes the series great)......We all have Anno 1404 to go back to :D. "Your production facilities have stopped producing goods".....It still rings in my ears. (In game production/consuption calculator would be good, and the transport route travel times would be nice without me having to time them myself :D)

I do hope this is good tho. As the Anno series just kepts moving forward...........maybe a space Anno for the next game???

18. Whindog

Whindog What's a Dremel?

P.S - That chair is f'ing ridiculous

19. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

I enjoyed the demo :)

The reason the greenies look so pretty is noone would use them if they didn't :p

And the corp guy being a d*ck just fits into the sterotype nicely :p

all in all I'm really looking forward to it, although its true about the build menu, very oddly layed out...

20. dactone

dactone dact-one

RED DIESEL SAME DAY OR NEXT DAY DELIVERY! ads bye google :)

Tags: Add Tags