1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anodising.....

Discussion in 'General' started by SuperScrubber, 10 Apr 2001.

1. SuperScrubber

SuperScrubber Mad Chemist.....buwahahaa

OK, now I'm getting excited.......saw koolvins anodising post over at OCS and decided a search was in order. Basically saw how cool the coldforge AA-15 looked, to the extent of it now being my most wanted over the Yeong Yang :)............however £250 odd for a case b4 postage is a hell of a lot so I thought I'd see if I could find anywhere in the UK the anodises stuff and try and get that effect on a alu case from over here............found this place....

http://www.amenco.co.uk/index.html

thats about a five minute drive from where I live when not at uni.........going home for a few days over easter and so I might go and check em out for prices and stuff. :D:D

Trouble is this means buying a new case...........Koolvin how much plastic does the server cube have on it??? :)

Anyway the main point is to ask you lot...
    How interested do you think ppl would be in teaming up to get some anodising done? If it brings the cost down then it may be worth it.......

I'll go see 'em when I'm home and see what they say, just playing with ideas in my head.......
    BTW they also have a laser cutter........maybe some fan grills like.....

http://www.geocities.com/bionic_bitch_slap/fangrills.html ?????

Like I said just thinking out loud but could proove very fruitful.......:)

Any feedback would be appreciated, waste of time trying or do you think there is a market for this kind of thing????

2. Ataraxia

Ataraxia <b>OOH BABY!!!</b>

laser time is v. expensive, so unless you're cutting a shed-load of grills it won't be worth it. a much cheaper option is a water-cutter, which also doesn't burn the metal.

yeah i'd be interested in getting a case anodised. it'd be worth getting a lian-li for that.... mmmm navy blue & gold

i'll add the link to the people with the water-cutter when i find it off [H]|OCP

3. Koolvin

Koolvin The Modfather

I have to be quick as I am at work.....

You can only anodise Aluminium not stell apparently as the panels on the YY are - The front is plastic and the rest painted steel.

BTW I have those FAN grills m8ey!!!

erm have to go

Boss is on my case... YIKES

4. Ataraxia

Ataraxia <b>OOH BABY!!!</b>

You bar-steward you!

5. SuperScrubber

You utter utter bar steward :D:D

6. SuperScrubber

Great minds think alike m8, same colours I was going to go for.....:)

[​IMG]

The thing is I have 3 months of uni holiday coming up in the summer in which I'm spposed to be getting a job but if I could generate enough interest in something like this then it could proove worth my while. I know you guys are in to things like this but I'm wondering if other ppl/shops ? would be interested in buying/stocking things like gold HS's :D, coloured cases. coloured thumbscrews or the laser cut grills........? :) I neither want nor expect to get away with charging hextortionate prices........but if there is no market.....?

Still very early stages and a lot, of course, depends on the price......