1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Build Advice Anothor £500 Build Advise Request

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Pubkrooz, 22 May 2014.

1. Pubkrooz

Pubkrooz I Break Stuff

Hi Everyone,

All i ever seem to post are requests for advise! but here's to the next one!

I'm looking at throwing something together for my brother so he can keep step with my rig he's using an old one which is almost 6 years old and needs updating now that he has cash for it.

Budget: £500
    Main uses of intended build: Gaming
    Parts required: Everything - Will recycle HDD's and Optical Drives from an old machine.
    Previous build information (list details of parts): creative 5.1 speakers, 2 1TB HDD's, dvd RW & cd drive. The rest are not relavent
    Monitor resolution:unknown will speak to him later about it
    Storage requirements:already have two 1 TB HDD's but i will be reccomending a small ssd for the OS and some games. so thoughts on a small ssd would be welcome.
    Will you be overclocking:no
    Any motherboard requirements: cant think of anything specific.
    Extra information about desired system:could do with a wireless card. for some reason he also want's a 'flashy case, that light's up'....

Ideally i need somehting that will last for a while and only need incrimental updates like the video card every now and then as money is likely to be tight so futureproofig it would be nice if do-able.

Cheers In Advanced Guys, :thumb:
    Pub