1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Antec shows off P280 prototype

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Claave, 3 Jun 2011.

1. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

This is the reason why I'm sticking to my Coolermaster Cosmos as it's so much easier to slide in and out from under my desk, despite it's size and weight. I'd urge you to have a look at it, or its successors.

2. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

I'm not sure if I like it. I loved the P180 but now there are so many cases that have the P180 fridge look that it would have to stand out someplace else for me to even consider buying this.

3. leslie

leslie Just me!

Feet are easily changed.

4. slothy89

slothy89 MicroModder

5. delriogw

delriogw What's a Dremel?

i have to say i'm failing to see how this is a successor to the p180, i had the p180 for 4 years and loved it.. and this seems to have done away with everything that made it notable in the first place.

the ultra clean lines have been replaced with bevelling and glowing things, it no longer has the 'wind tunnel' for the PSU unit, and no longer has the removable HDD bays.

it's good to see they've gotten rid of the slatted mini doors that covered the front fans as they just restriced airflow and even the case designer recommended they be removed, and i'm glad they've thought about access to the back of the CPU area, meaning easier cooler changing, but (and i know they can't stay the same for ever) i can't help but wonder why not just go with a dramatic change or keep the stuff they know was popular?

for me, there are other cases on the market that match the look and feel of the p180 much more than antec seem to have managed here

6. Kralnor

Kralnor What's a Dremel?

I still use the P180 for my main desktop and honestly I haven't been too happy with it. I thought the HDD trays were stupid and the horrible cabling made upgrading a chore. I even broke the pins of an HDD because the lower HDD cage got stuck and I had to apply too much force to pull it out. And let's not talk about the completely cramped lower chassis - why on earth is there a fan down there? The PSU cables can barely fit in.

It is very quiet and does provide great cooling, but working with it has been a bad experience.

I'm going to be making a new build soon and have my eyes on the Fractal Design Define R3.

Tags: Add Tags