1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Any idea when Kepler going to be released?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by GregTheRotter, 17 Feb 2012.

1. trig

trig god's little mistake

yeah...got a feeling he doesn't really know what a game at 15 fps is like...or a game that may average 30, but drops to 15 fps for a 1/10th of a second every second or two

2. MjFrosty

MjFrosty Minimodder

Weird way of looking at it if you ask me. Considering 23fps is also unplayable. Going by those results where the 3GB can't even muster up 30FPS. More grunt required me thinks, having extra memory to play with isn't going to open you up to a mass of performance at those resolutions without sticking another card in.

...Or you could just buy a 7xxx ;)

Last edited: 22 Feb 2012
  3. AoE

AoE What's a Dremel?

what FPS are you getting forsty? with SLI? on BF3 maxed @ 1920x1080?

4. j4mi3

j4mi3 What's a Dremel?

i get 7fps maxed bf3 at 2560x1440

5. MjFrosty

MjFrosty Minimodder

AoE, I'll let you know tonight as I've just updated to the newly released drivers. Don't have a problem with any of the settings maxed out, though. Even on the new maps (i.e never below 30)

6. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Yep. A lot of people don't notice that their games aren't running smoothly because stuttery low fps is all they know. One of my favorite memories is amazing some friends at a lan when they saw the massive difference between CS:S running on their machines at ~20fps and my machine always at 30+.

It's not so much the raw numbers which are important unless you're looking for playing the same game tested at the same settings and same resolution, it's the percentage increase. That 35% increase could theoretically be applied to any FPS (it'd be nice to have more benches to prove this) so it's fair to assume that if 1.5GBs in SLI was getting you 25fps in X game at Y settings and 5760x1080 res then you'll get around 34fps with 3GBs in SLI. If you're worried about whether the raw numbers are high enough then you'll need to see benchmarks for the games you're actually wanting to play.