1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals Anybody used a shop called Total Electronics?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Boscoe, 9 Feb 2011.

1. Boscoe

Boscoe Electronics extraordinaire.

They have a phone I want on there at a good price but almost too good if you know what I mean so I was wondering whether it was trustworthy?

LINK

Thanks
    Boscoe

2. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

This is the registered office of the company and the website domain: http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=88+...code_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CB0Q8gEwAA.

Check it out on Streetview.

LOTS of businesses registered to 88-90 Hatton Gardens. The domain name was only setup in March last year so they haven't been around long.

Never heard of them myself.

Edit: Companies House info: http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/5f84b325cef2f9cab1ce7837371e431d/compdetails.

No accounts filed yet, only incorporated last May.

Last edited: 9 Feb 2011
  3. Boscoe

What does this mean Fingers? What is companies showhouse?

Is the fact lots of businesses registered to that place suspicious?

4. thelaw

thelaw What's a Dremel?

All legit companies are meant to be registered with companies house including directors, they examine and store information in line with the companies act, and record any information on dissolved companies and list directors barred from owning or directing companies in future.

The fact that there are no real records or accounts held indicate its a newly set up company, some people register companies with companies house to give the impression its a legit company, people seem to think if they have a companies house number they have to be sound which is not always the case.

The fact you can buy via paypal means you can reverse the transaction...i have concerns thought that i cannot find a phone number for the company that you can ring anywhere on there website...there is no actual physical address...thought not un-usual for a company if they dont want to advertise where there stock is kept for security purposes to avoid becoming targets...but the lack of a phone number concerns me and the fact its so newly set up.

The old saying of "if its too good to be true it usually is" springs to mind..

5. russ555

russ555 What's a Dremel?

6. Boscoe

Hmm yeh seems a bit dodgy to me.

7. bagman

bagman Minimodder

look at the dates the comments where written as well

8. thelaw

thelaw What's a Dremel?

All in the last week it seems...personally i would leave it couple of weeks then re-google them see what people have to say about them then....issue with reviews is he could be typing them himself....however if its dodgy then the amount of bad reviews will start showing up on google all over the place and on different sites, let others take the risk first....

Last edited: 9 Feb 2011
  9. jbloggs

jbloggs What's a Dremel?

I wouldn't touch "Total Electronics" with a barge pole, like really dodgy...
    ________
    AVANDIA LAW

Last edited: 20 Aug 2011
  10. scottishjimmy

scottishjimmy What's a Dremel?

Total Electronics buyer beware

I tried to purchase from this site last week, to date no item no response to emails. No response to cancellation. I think he may have gone walk about Waiting for the PayPal people to get my refund.

11. worker75

worker75 What's a Dremel?

Hi

We bought a load of phones for testing for work from total electronics, I can safely say that the customer service was Shi*! We spent about a grand with them with the view to possibly treble this business.

The phones turned up after about 2 weeks with no official box, the 2 phones that came, arrived in a black box with the phones wrapped in bubble wrap and so were the peripherals. They took about 2 weeks to arrive with no communication from 'robert hay' (who i beleive mans the entire business). The reviews posted on the site feel a little manufactured as there is no place to leave a review or no review has been requested from us. My general advice would be to steer well clear. Yes the products arrived but it took far too long with no communication from him. I managed to find a mobile number which hung up on me and then was switched off very quickly. Someone who treats customers like this does not deserve any custom! He also does not display a VAT number.

Simply said, don't bother!

12. mitting2012

mitting2012 What's a Dremel?

I have bought not 1 but 2 phones from Total Electronics, the 1st one took about 3 days to arrive and the second one arrived next day, they arrived in as described condition.They are also quite handy if you get stuck with one of the functions, being a small business I guess they pretty knowledgeable about the things they sell.

I was a little concerned as there was not much in the way of ratings on the internet, however as they accept paypal, which gives buyer protection, I went ahead, and then again on a second phone.

13. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Thats a curious post from someone who joined today and has only posted on this thread...

14. chrismarkham1982

chrismarkham1982 Multimodder

seems a bit random

15. thelaw

thelaw What's a Dremel?

Yip either a employee or owner, then again i guess if someone googled them to see what they were on about this bit tech forum thread feature in the results somewhere now i guess.

16. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

@op: the site is full of typos, i wouldn't trust them with a headset jack adapter.

17. martin stefan

martin stefan What's a Dremel?

I used them - they had htc desire sim free for £270 which seemed a pretty good deal - then thought to google them, came across this thread and thought oh Sh*t!

However, my experience with them was fine - the phone arrived within a week - original but opened packaging. I wonder if they are recycling stuff that has been taken out of packaging in shops? but the phone itself was in perfect condition. There was a problem with the adaptor which I contacted them about via email - the response was extremely quick (minutes) and they sent a new one without giving me any grief.

Maybe I was lucky, but I was actually quite impressed, and I didn't find anyone else is offering that particular phone at that price at the moment (I guess when the next batch of HTC-desire series phones comes out the prices are going to drop). Your experience may, of course, vary.

btw I have just registered and am posting on this site for the first time for the simple reason that I've not had cause to post here before but thought my experience with this outfit may be of interest.

Cheers

Martin

18. Trix

Trix What's a Dremel?

Yes, I've just signed up but I've been looking at this thread for the last week.

I ordered a phone from www.totalelectronics.co.uk last Thursday despite the sloppy typos and C&Ping from other sites only because they accepted Paypal and I'm very familiar with their buyer protection. If the worst happened I'd have to wait a few weeks for my money to be back in my account, or best case would be a bargain priced phone.

I emailed the site with a colour preference of phone as there was no place on the order form to do so and got an email back a few hours later confirming my choice. By Tuesday the order status on the site was still at 'processing' so I emailed for delivery info. I was told definitely 'tomorrow or Thursday' and no courier name or tracking number was given although I had asked for it previously. No phone delivered as yet (it's now Friday) and I've already put in a claim for a refund from Paypal.........quel suprise!!

UPDATE: MY PHONE ARRIVED BY RM SPECIAL DELIVERY TODAY!!!! BOX WAS SEALED. PHONE WAS NOT CHOSEN COLOUR. WAS POSTED AFTER 3PM YESTERDAY.

NOT A CON SITE BUT REALLY NEEDS SORTING OUT

Last edited: 16 Apr 2011
  19. rlondon

rlondon What's a Dremel?

got what i ordered

i used total as they gave by far the best price for an htc wildfire

i read these reviews after i ordered so was a bit wary (but knew paypal would cover me)

in the event my phone arrived as promised (took about 10 days)

when i checked online the price for my phone had been reduced since io ordered it, i emails total and they said i could have it for the reduced price. i will post again once the difference is re-imbursed

overall so far though, so good.

20. Destructive

Destructive What's a Dremel?

These 1st post reviews would put anyone off that company, never mind the website.