1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Films Anyone use Netflix?

Discussion in 'General' started by Weekly_Estimate, 25 Nov 2013.

1. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

The quality depends on the internet speed.
    If it drops (speed) the quality should change to prevent buffering.

[​IMG]

2. Kernel

Kernel Likes cheese

You can force the bitrate for Netflix.
    When not in full screen, click on the control bar and press Shift+Ctrl+Alt+S. You can manually set it there.

3. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

Just a heads up, they did have an offer of 3 months of PS+ if you sign up for the free trial and watch so many hours of TV through the app (I think it was 5 hours?).

Edit: looks like that offer has ended. going from the x-box dash it looks like they're offering £10 XB live credit instead.

Last edited: 26 Nov 2013
  4. sandys

sandys Multimodder

Yes it is on LG and PS3 be careful what you fire it up on as it locks you out of switching machines for a month, bit crap in that respect, I can access Now TV on a number of devices but the experience chnages dependent on device, not all Now TV apps have access to all features, not as flexible as Netflix but it does work well, quality is acceptable, not amazing.

I have the sub for now but will drop once I am out of offer period, lack of recording and missing key episodes of series on catchup being the killer for me. I tried it so I don't have to trawl the web for tv content from dodgy sites, this did not help much.

5. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Thanks for the info sandys :thumb:

Hmm.. perhaps it's not all it's cracked up to be.. if it's a bit iffy with missing episodes from a season.

6. sandys

sandys Multimodder

Its early days, like most software it'll have flaws I suppose, just seemed to me that the programmes I fancied catching like Blacklist for example lacked episode one, so I sorted that and continued to watch only to discover episode 3 was mysteriously not there, 4 and 5 were, a week or so later one episode did pop up, could just be a glitch, but noticed a couple of other series I thought I'd watch also lacked the odd episode, so I gave up trying. Will have ago again when I can use it in the front room on my PS3.

App wise would appear to run very fast on PS3 compared to PC, Roku, Youview (doesn't have entertainment, unfortunate as it would be convenient on this box) , LG TVs and my phone but due to the machine lockout I can't actually comment on picture quality until next month which is a shame as often things like media from NAS can look better on PS3 than other devices.

2 machine limit feels archaic for the price they want to charge. I'd understand two machines simultaneously as a limit for streaming but not allowing you to go to any room in the house.....bummer, particularly when you can do so with Netflix etc.

Last edited: 26 Nov 2013