1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reviews AOC Agon AG322QC4 Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 4 Apr 2019.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

Corky42 likes this.
  2. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

Basically, this screen is 'HDR' in the same way a 852x480 panel accepting a 1080p input is "HD". As can be seen by its measured contract ratio, which is a few orders of magnitude from what is required for HDR.

3. Hustler

Hustler Minimodder

I bought one of these a month or so back from Amazon but couldn't live with it. Whilst I didn't have any of the QC issues present in this review, the ghosting and smearing was too much to take in the end, combined with the realisation that 1440p on a 32 inch screen just looks bad compared to 1440p on a 27 inch monitor. Games just didn't look that sharp and when using Nvidia DSR resolutions, especially at 4K, there were 'comb' like patterns visible on areas of the screen that were single colours, such as the sky boxes, I noticed this particularity in games like Project Cars.

4. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

144Hz, G-Sync, Freesync is so over hyped. That going back to a 4K 60Hz panel with Vsync, I really could not tell the differences. (Yes Vsync adds input lag, but could I notice the difference between the two? Nope...) - Now running triple 27" 1080p monitor, and on CSGO, my kill count is no different. So don't get pulled into these marketing tech hype.

Do not buy VA panels, that get classed as "Gaming Monitors" which cause such horrible smearing, add overdrive, and you get horrible ghosting.
    Try scrolling on Discord, and you will see what I mean instantly.

5. DbD

DbD Minimodder

That's what I would like explained, to do a higher then normal dynamic range surely that means higher contrast ratio's. If it's got the same contrast ratio as non HDR screens then how can you call this HDR?

6. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Because marketing teams are allowed far too much power is the only real explanation.
    It is basically the same scam as they used with digital cameras by trying to reduce everything to one single stat, "we got 40 MP, don't ask about sensor quality" / "we got xxx nits, don't ask about contrast or the lack of FALD".

7. leexgx

leexgx CPC hang out zone (i Fix pcs i do )

This monitor not very good, but in the point if high refresh rate all 1080p monitors at 60 seems like it would be holding you back I use 1080p144 and 1440p144 could not see my self going back to 60hz monitor (240hz would likely not be as much noticeable and would require high end cpu ram and gpu)

Its hit or miss on freesync if you get a good monitor or not, witch is why I prefer g-sync ones

Tags: Add Tags